New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Guys I badly need your help. I can't really decide on which car to buy for my graduation. I am choosing between buying a brand new honda civic, the new one which has economy mode or a second hand hyundai genesis coupe or second hand BMW 320i around 2008 model. I can't really choose among the three so guys can you please help me? thank you!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    What do you factor in your buying purchase?

Gas? Maintenance?

Ikaw lang mag ddrive?

Can't really help you if you don't tell us more than just your car choices.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Yes ako lang magdridrive. I love the luxury of the bmw po kasi, the sportiness of the genesis and yung pagka-matipid ng civic. Pero good na ako sa 7-8l/km na gas consumption. Maintenance po yung sakto lang.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Stay away from the BMW if you want easy maintenance lalo kung pamilya mo sanay sa Casa prices.

The genesis is actually a good pick if it's been well maintained. You can force seat 4 if need be. The 5 year warranty would mean that the oldest genesis should still have around 2-3 years of warranty left. Yung problem lang is if the car hasn't been regularly maintained and may chance na ivoid yung warranty.

The Civic I'd say is the best for a first-time owner. Nothing beats the feeling of brand new. While the new Civic is nowhere near as revolutionary as the last one, it's by far the 'safest' choice among the three.

For me:
    Toss up between the Civic and the Genesis.

Need 5 seats?
    Want brand new?
    More fuel efficient?
    Civic.

Need 4 seats MAX?
    Sporty "gwapo"
    Fuel not so much of a concern

What's the trim/model of the Genesis pala? Kung 2.0T base, I think I'll take the Civic.

Go read up on the variants sa hyundai website.

Due to the ratio between ease of maintenance and sportiveness (enhanced by the RWD layout) I'd pick a Genesis.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i'll go with the most boring choice. civic.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    My advice? Tanggalin mo ang BMW sa choices mo, unless parents mo bahala sa maintenance costs. Genesis Coupe is ok pag second car mo siya. Civic is a good choice given na first time car owner ka.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BMW...para mas mayabang ka sa mga naka civic na Honda fanbois...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    BMW...para mas mayabang ka sa mga naka civic na Honda fanbois...
    Kung kayabangan lang ang advise, wag mo na sabihin at wag na mag kotse. Madami pa madadamay eh. Tsk tsk!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stavros

Kung kayabangan lang ang advise, wag mo na sabihin at wag na mag kotse. Madami pa madadamay eh. Tsk tsk!
    Mga Honda fanbois lang madadamay...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Honda Civic or Hyundai Genesis Coupe or BMW 320i