New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Just to share. I sold my 2002 Altis to a car dealer based in Central Luzon last 2010. I sold it at 188T kms. When I saw it in one of the internet ads I was surprised to see it being sold with "only" 64T kms. That is why I never believed mileage whenever I check on those used car dealers. So I believe the car dealer is the one who had your car's mileage rigged. My suggestion to the TS just ask for additional rebates from the car dealer during your mediation.
    Last edited by rossph; September 6th, 2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Additional Inputs

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    cgurado ako alam ng dealer yan.its a normal practice sa atin.kung plano mo magsampa ng kaso get ready to spend a lot.hindi po umuusad ang kaso sa atin kung wala kang pambayad.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Isumbong mo sa Tulfo brothers

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I believe tama yung plano ni TS na mag file ng complaint sa DTI. Hayaan muna natin sila gawin ang trabaho nila kasi yun naman reason ng existence ng opisina to serve us consumers. Lessons learned na lang to para sa mga second hand buyers. Pansin ko talaga sa mga ads ng second hand cars ang mileage ay palaging nasa range ng 60 to 80T kms. Sana malaman natin yung identity nung car dealer, please update us TS.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TS, sabihin mo na din kung anong dealer yan. so that pwede iwasan ng mga nagbabasa dito sa tsikot.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I will definitely let you know and divulge the identity of the dealer...but not now mga sirs. We'll see muna kung ano ang magiging advise ng DTI about this. If sakaling di fault ng dealer at lumabas sa investigation na they are not at fault (I hope they are!), baka balikan naman ako at ako ang mademanda for defamation/false accusation. I'm still gathering more information about sa car before I visit the DTI office (which will happen anytime next week). Mabuti na yung sigurado tayo. Babalitaan ko kayo mga sir!

Thanks for your time and your insights. :rockon:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Mga Sirs, I have an update na about my case.

I filed a complaint to DTI and I was given the dates of the mediation. At the schedule first mediation, the car dealer didn't show up. Representative from DTI then told me that they would inform the dealer to appear on the second mediation. They still didn't, but I was able to talk to their president after the DTI rep contacted the dealer's office on that day of the second mediation.

The dealer said that we could have talked about this and that I should not have brought this case to the DTI. I told him that they did not give me any choice since they did not cooperate the first time I called them and informed them about the mileage issue.
    So anyway, after much deliberation at their end, they gave me 2 options: full refund minus the depreciation for the 4 months I was using the car OR they can swap my Civic with either Mazda 3 2005, 1.6 A/T or Toyota Vios 2007 1.5G A/T. I think the second option is much feasible for me so that I wouldn't really lose that much money (I will not have to shell out any cash even if these 2 are more expensive than the Civic), plus I'm getting a newer car compared to the one I got.
    The question now is, which do you think should I take? Mazda 3 2005 1.6 A/T or Toyota Vios 2007 1.5G A/T?

Thanks for the help, guys!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    congrats sir! sulit ang iyong paglaban.

i'll choose the vios. newer by 2 years and much abundant parts. also, easier to sell in the future

ingat sa pagkuha nung unit. siguraduhing hindi maulit ang pangyayari

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Congrats TS buti naman at nagkaroon ng magandang resulta yung kaso mo sa tulong ng DTI. Hayan at napakinabangan din sila, BS lang yung sabi ng dealer na di na dapat nareklamo sa DTI... I will choose the Vios over the Mazda 3 for the same reason na mas recent model at no doubt mataas ang resale value. pero check mo din syempre yung unit.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Congratulations! Buti naman at natauhan yang dealer na yan. I'd choose thr vios over the mazda if i were you. But like what the others mentioned, check the car thoroughly.

Pansin ko lang rin, like what the others posted, bakit kaya usually 64k ang nakalagay sa odo if it was tampered?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast