New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    civic ES body.. baka meron na for 300k - 350k.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    small. relatively new. why not get a brand new getz instead? i remember there is a mention of getting a picanto but was shelved.

as for the Hondas, get the lowest mileage with the less bucks you can get...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    small. relatively new. why not get a brand new getz instead? i remember there is a mention of getting a picanto but was shelved.

as for the Hondas, get the lowest mileage with the less bucks you can get...
    Although a brand new Getz is not that expensive, I guess it won't match my friend's budget. She's no plans of shelling out additional cash to the Revo sale. Probably the best option will have to be Honda.

Any other suggestions are still welcome at this point. There won't be any final decision until the Revo is sold. Thanks for all your suggestions.

as a nissan owner, i agree na mahirap maghanap ng surplus and JDM parts, pricy maintenance and quite fuel hungry ang nissan maxima ko! but even after its 17 years of well-maintained existance..i still love that car..its very hard to replace..(practically, ung resale cost nya wont cover the maintenance and TLC ive given to it, pero may sentimental value na ung sasakyan sa akin: ilang beses na nya ako iniwas sa major accidents at binuhay nya ako...)

malamig talaga ang aircon!

plan to replace the engine (if ever mag-retire na) to "sr20de".."sr20det" much better,kung kakayanin ng budget!

sentras no bad choice naman, but not affected by the myth..late series 3 and early series 4 (aka sentra-exaltas) are full of gear straight from the factory..vcd,head-up display for speed and rear parking distance, rain sensor?, sunroof, etc...

ang talo lang naman sa sentra kung ikaw ung first owner, laki ng depreciation, which means (for me) they're implying that their cars are keepers..but doesent mean na pangit ung car...

(hayy, sana maglabas na ng 2.5L diesel turbo na serena!)
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; February 19th, 2006 at 07:28 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If fuel economy is the reason, drop the Revo and get a 1.5L or 1.6L sedan (in m/t form if she really wants good fuel consumption). I'd look at a '99-'00 Civic LXi m/t or Corolla Altis (1999-2000 or if she can add cash, the 2001 Altis).

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by driver4ever
    Thanks for all the suggestions. So far the choices are:

1) Honda City
    2) Honda Civic

She did see some Citys for sale, but the variants (TypeZ, LXI, VTI) confuse her a lot. And she got a bit affected by some comments in another forum that a City doesn't "look" so appealing. While her priority is to save on gas, she is all looking for something quite "pretty". Is there such a thing? I know the latest models are sure headturners but what about the older models, say City 2000-2002 models?

What can you say about Ford Lynx Ghia? Should she include this in her list of choices?
    Why not a 2nd hand Vios? Since it was launched not long ago, 2nd hand buys should still be in decent condition and since its a Toyota, maintenance should be affordable. City should be fine too actually.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    kung fuel cost lang ang concern endi naman masyado malaki dif ng dlx1.8 sa mga 1.6 sedan ahh..baka sa driving style lang, ang alam kung guzzler ehh 2.0vx/sr unless kung a/t yang dlx1.8..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you are buying a second hand vehicle, I'd stay away from Hondas and Toyotas since the resale value is still high (good for the seller, bad for the buyer).

for 300-350K, I'd look at either a Nissan Sentra or Ford Lynx. they both have much more creature-comfort features than their competitors. fuel consumption is around 8-10km/L and is just at par with other sedans.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the primary concerns were fuel efficiency and space then why not trade it with a Revo DIESEL version.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    :lol: That's the best one!

If your friend wants to maintain practicality, I'd say no to to the first generation Honda City. It's small, terribly small. I think you can get a 2000 Altis within the price range, if you're lucky. The Civic VTi is a good choice. Good power AND economy.

The Ford Lynx 1.6 is kind of a guzzler in AT form, but in MT, while not as good as the VTi, it's not bad. You also get a lot of borloloi and amenities for your money from a secondhand Lynx.

Same goes for a Sentra. But the STA is automatic only, and might not save you any gas over the Revo. It's dirt cheap for the features, though, and it's a virtual easy chair on wheels.

I'd go for the latest Corolla you could buy, a Civic VTi, or a Ford Lynx Ghia MT. A diesel Revo may save you more, but you'll have to figure in the costs of maintenance versus the smaller engined cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Give up Revo for a sedan?