New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hi everyone!

My friend owns a 1999 Revo DLX M/T (Gas) and is thinking of selling it in order to buy a second-hand sedan, which she believes can be more fuel-efficient than a Revo.

She typically uses her car for city gimmicks, for personal grocery-shopping, and occasional out-of-town trips with friends. She hates the idea of giving up the Revo since there is so much space in it perfect for those "occasional" trips (i.e., 3-4 times a year) for the entire barkada.

1) But with the rising prices of gasoline, she's looking for ways to cut down on car-related expenses. So, is she right to say that shifting to a sedan will indeed give her savings?

2) Assuming she can sell the Revo for about P300-350,000, what sedan would you recommend?

Hope to hear from the experts soon!

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    IMO, if she seldom needs the extra seats and space that her revo gives, she is better off selling the revo and buying a sedan (civic vti probably). lakas nga raw sa gas ng revo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMHO, tell her to get a sedan.

If gas is the primary concern, then yes she should get rid of the Revo. And take it a step further and choose a fuel efficient sedan. With her budget, I think the City will be a very good choice. 2nd gen City has the 1.5 Vtec variant. My officemate owns one, and averages 14km/liter (Biñan-OrtigasCtr and vice versa). Kung purely city driving, I think 10km/liter is easy...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    yes get a sedan. City 1.5 VTi or Civic 1.6 VTi will do the job. i was to suggest 1.5 LXi but its kinda lethargic, but then, it is fuel efficient. the car i was driving can do 12-12.5km/L on a combined City/Highway driving.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Thanks for all the suggestions. So far the choices are:

1) Honda City
    2) Honda Civic

She did see some Citys for sale, but the variants (TypeZ, LXI, VTI) confuse her a lot. And she got a bit affected by some comments in another forum that a City doesn't "look" so appealing. While her priority is to save on gas, she is all looking for something quite "pretty". Is there such a thing? I know the latest models are sure headturners but what about the older models, say City 2000-2002 models?

What can you say about Ford Lynx Ghia? Should she include this in her list of choices?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    malakas sa gas since:

1. its a Ford.
    2. it's 1.6L with no variable valve timing

Type Z would ok. but Civic is quite good. lots of space compared to city.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    we have revo in the office for service, grabe talaga ang gas more thirsty than sa crv or accord.

I suggest to get a civic, bigger and will last longer. May city narin friend ko before, medyo madami problema lumabas and not as solid as the civic. or toyota corolla ok rin, yun around 98-01, may kabarkada ako 150k mileage wala parin problema

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Thanks, ian_rex.

Just a follow up question. Are there City/Civic models which run on diesel?? I have a feeling the diesel option is only for SUVs and pickups. Care to enlighten us on this?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buy a station wagon.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Give up Revo for a sedan?