New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    My dad has the spartan model (base model) of that since 1998 and it never caused us any problems even after na-Ondoy kami with Laguna lake water.

Even the usual wear and tear replacements weren't a headache.

It got us Laguna-Bicol-Sorsogon-Laguna-La Union-Baguio-Laguna without hassles plus a semi-lipat bahay cargo ... minus the tune-up.

Just repair it, save up and get a B13 Sentra or 323 smallbody.

Both are as cheap but as reliable.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tim4h92 View Post
    Actually, if I were to base it on ads listed in Manila Bulletin, XTRM models range from 310-320k. So give or take 20k for haggling, around 280-290k. Same price I got mine 2 years ago, so resale isn't that bad
    Yes, but with that approximately 300k divided into two, you wouldn't be getting very nice cars with it... If you were to keep the Hilander and just buy another car instead, what would your budget be?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Yes, but with that approximately 300k divided into two, you wouldn't be getting very nice cars with it... If you were to keep the Hilander and just buy another car instead, what would your budget be?
    Budget would be around 100-120k, so kaya siguro a 91/92 b13 eccs, good condition na. Then a spacewagon, 96-97 around 150k, so hopefully budgetwise 300k would be ok. Yun lang, the risk of getting a flooded vehicle makes me think twice, so siguro it's better to keep the hilander and get one car in the future, as compared to taking twice the risk in getting two 2nd hand cars.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Nice resolution: good choice for me

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    AFAIK you can get already circa '94 Sentra ECCS already. These are really good cars. They've got speed, handling, and very god airconditioning. Only downside is the cramped body and the rather old looks.

Here's one: http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...an+Sentra+120k

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    thumbs up for that, (practicality now a days). Well Good, this scenario was like my friend did two years ago..She sell off her Toyota Revo (due to poor FC) for 340k and then she used the 150k for a downpayment for a new car (she bought a smaller car ung pang-city nga lang ika nga, Chery QQ) and for the another couple of bucks that left, she spend it for buying a second hand car for her son, she got toyota corolla. 150k ata bili nila e, then until now yun pa rin ang gamit nila,..worth it naman daw e.

ingat lang po talaga sa mga car which is ondoy victim...naglipana ung mga vehicle na un..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    AFAIK you can get already circa '94 Sentra ECCS already. These are really good cars. They've got speed, handling, and very god airconditioning. Only downside is the cramped body and the rather old looks.

Here's one: http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...an+Sentra+120k

Thanks for the heads up I actually had the chance to own one a few years ago, a 94 model also. Gave it up since we needed a bigger car because, you're right, cabin is cramped, but I do prefer its classic looks to the series 3, which is actually a good car as well

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the heads up I actually had the chance to own one a few years ago, a 94 model also. Gave it up since we needed a bigger car because, you're right, cabin is cramped, but I do prefer its classic looks to the series 3, which is actually a good car as well
    Yes, but since you have the Hilander, the Sentra would just be a backup car. One that you would be using when going out alone or on coding days. Its wise to keep the Hilander as the heavy duty car for hauling lots of people, or cargo, or both. And it'll be good for out of town trips especially those that entail crossing bad roads and the occasional flashfloods. This way it'll be better than selling the Hilander and getting two small cars.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Yes, but since you have the Hilander, the Sentra would just be a backup car. One that you would be using when going out alone or on coding days. Its wise to keep the Hilander as the heavy duty car for hauling lots of people, or cargo, or both. And it'll be good for out of town trips especially those that entail crossing bad roads and the occasional flashfloods. This way it'll be better than selling the Hilander and getting two small cars.
    Actually we gave up the Sentra for an AUV, an Adventure, because we needed the space. Now we have the hi-lander, and we need the Sentra as well That'd be the perfect scenario for me, keeping the hilander AND getting the Sentra.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    this scenario was like my friend did two years ago..She sell off her Toyota Revo (due to poor FC) for 340k and then she used the 150k for a downpayment for a new car (she bought a smaller car ung pang-city nga lang ika nga, Chery QQ) and for the another couple of bucks that left, she spend it for buying a second hand car for her son, she got toyota corolla. 150k ata bili nila e, then until now yun pa rin ang gamit nila,..worth it naman daw e.

ingat lang po talaga sa mga car which is ondoy victim...naglipana ung mga vehicle na un..
    Well in this case selling the revo with a gasoline engine and replacing it with 2 cars is a very good choice, especially when space isn't a big problem. :2thumbsup: My uncle with a gas revo 1.8efi also complains about it's FC and wanted to exchange it with our hi lander, which I dont like because I will be the one suffering if that happens! hahaha!

Actually we gave up the Sentra for an AUV, an Adventure, because we needed the space. Now we have the hi-lander, and we need the Sentra as well That'd be the perfect scenario for me, keeping the hilander AND getting the Sentra.
    If fuel efficiency isnt a problem, then you can probably go with your choices, but take note that you are going to buy older cars which you probably know what I mean, expect more repairs. Unless its very well maintained.

Do you really need a back up car now or you can still wait and save?Then maybe if you have the money in the future, you can have better choices.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
give up hi-lander for 2 cars; worth it?