Why are you confused?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Why are you confused?
    dumami pagpipilian

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    That's fine... But still, I'd suggest you get the Cefiro. 155hp 2.0V6 engine, plush ride, auto climate control, ABS, airbags, potential for an even modern look if you change the front and rear fascia etc, etc... for less than 200k! And then that 260km/h speedometer hints on the performance under the hood.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    if midsize, ill take a shark 8G Galant SS 2.0 Manual Transmission before the Cefiro. Although i think the Cefiro is cheaper. But isnt a late 90s Midsizer too expensive and too old?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Just retain the hi-lander, think of it. The fc pesos per km is just like driving around with a 1300 car, with the space of suv. I got to cars, pag nag titipid ako yung hi-lander dala ko. kasi kahit anung gawin ko, at kahit saksakan ng trapik 10kms/L pa rin. Tapos ang mura pa ng parts, kahit saang suking auto supply meron. Save up your money pre and get another (toy)car when you can, thats what I did...

If you get two old cars baka magulat ka Ondoy pala, tapos pag paayos mo ang mahal naman. Pag ginagamit mo naman, baka sabhin mo sa sarili ang sikip dahil kotse. Unless midsize sedan like cefiro,corona,accord kunin mo...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    That's fine... But still, I'd suggest you get the Cefiro. 155hp 2.0V6 engine, plush ride, auto climate control, ABS, airbags, potential for an even modern look if you change the front and rear fascia etc, etc... for less than 200k! And then that 260km/h speedometer hints on the performance under the hood.

The Cefiro being a big car with a 2.0L V6 engine can really be a gas guzzler. Yeah, you might have that executive image when you drive a bad ass cefiro with some 20's in it, but then again ... at the end of the day when you check your wallet/paycheck it could make you think that did you really get the right car that suits you best ?

And besides, why go through the hassle of swapping the fascia ( f&r ) of the '99 cefiro when you can get the ones with the original face instead ? .. IMO, if you can't get yourself the original one then, stick with what you have currently.

BTW, being feature packed isn't always an advantage. Think ahead on what repairs might be happening if ever those classy features breaks down.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    those driving the old cefiros, accord, galant, camry today dont get the executive image.

ang tingin ko sa kanila sobrang laki ng ginagastos sa car maint/fuel/expenses na palaki ng palaki ng palaki and they don't have any future advantage at all sa sobrang sisikip pang buhay dito sa'tin. imagine road conditions da-drive ka ng ganun tapos lahat mahal

taka nga ako bakit may bumibili pa ng BMW saka Benz. but i know for a fact that rich people buy it to show off so that they can make more money. parang si Donald Trump with his expensive cars. but i doubt if they use it daily, kasi talo talaga

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    taka nga ako bakit may bumibili pa ng BMW saka Benz. but i know for a fact that rich people buy it to show off so that they can make more money. parang si Donald Trump with his expensive cars. but i doubt if they use it daily, kasi talo talaga
    now i know, and also to experience the feeling of riding a luxury car, feel's like executive once in a lifetime ika nga,...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    those driving the old cefiros, accord, galant, camry today dont get the executive image.
    Stock. Yeah, they don't. But if a black cefiro is rolling on 20's plus dropped and highly tinted ... most likely the passenger still do get that executive image, even a little.

ang tingin ko sa kanila sobrang laki ng ginagastos sa car maint/fuel/expenses na palaki ng palaki ng palaki and they don't have any future advantage at all sa sobrang sisikip pang buhay dito sa'tin. imagine road conditions da-drive ka ng ganun tapos lahat mahal

True that on the high maintenance & fuel expenses. It's their choice though whether to keep or sell the car.

They buy it because they need them. Imagine, you're a ceo of one company then you pull over in a kia pride. What would people think about you, naghihirap ka ... that you don't make money etc. etc.

And yeah, then again, most likely they don't use it often. They only use it on special purposes ... places where people would see him going out from that car.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    truly rich people buy luxury cars coz they have too much money and they have to convert some of their money to real, tangible stuff

they have so much money coming in they don't know what to do with it

it's risky to have all their assets exist as electronic entries in banks' hard drives

so people who have too much money have to convert some of their money to real assets like real estate, luxury automobiles, watches & jewelry, art, etc

maintenance cost is nothing to the truly rich

not-truly rich people see what the truly-rich do tapos ginagaya nila

the not-truly rich people buy luxury cars then complain about maintenance cost
    Last edited by uls; December 13th, 2010 at 01:53 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
give up hi-lander for 2 cars; worth it?