New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by digitel View Post
    Well in this case selling the revo with a gasoline engine and replacing it with 2 cars is a very good choice, especially when space isn't a big problem. :2thumbsup: My uncle with a gas revo 1.8efi also complains about it's FC and wanted to exchange it with our hi lander, which I dont like because I will be the one suffering if that happens! hahaha!

If fuel efficiency isnt a problem, then you can probably go with your choices, but take note that you are going to buy older cars which you probably know what I mean, expect more repairs. Unless its very well maintained.

Do you really need a back up car now or you can still wait and save?Then maybe if you have the money in the future, you can have better choices.
    actually I wouldn't trade my hilander too for a gasoline revo anyday
    well, I guess it can wait, it's just that I thought now is a good time to sell it since maganda pa ang resale niya.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ever thought of getting a midsized sedan? Since you're not in a hurry, you may want to save up more for a newer midsized sedan. The Cefiro is an excellent car that is still very competent today in terms of power and technology. If you change the front and rear to look like the facelifted version (multireflector headlights, horizontal grille, dual rectangular exhaust pipes, etc) it'll be perfect. Getting this will be better than getting an old Sentra and driving it will be more rewarding.

Here are some and they're selling for less than 200k:
    http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...+Nissan+Cefiro
    http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...=Nissan+Cefiro
    Last edited by GTi; December 9th, 2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: pahabol

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ever thought of getting a midsized sedan? Since you're not in a hurry, you may want to save up more for a newer midsized sedan. The Cefiro is an excellent car that is still very competent today in terms of power and technology. If you change the front and rear to look like the facelifted version (multireflector headlights, horizontal grille, dual rectangular exhaust pipes, etc) it'll be perfect. Getting this will be better than getting an old Sentra and driving it will be more rewarding.

Here are some and they're selling for less than 200k:
    http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...+Nissan+Cefiro

I actually considered midsize sedans before the sentra, the 93-96 corona and the Galant MPI/GTi. I particularly like the Euro look of the corona. Sa galant naman, dami rin versions na pwede, you can go JDM or Euro. Cefiro naman, ok din looks for me, it's the maintenance and the fc which makes me choose the Corona or Galant. However, given the budget, and since I really want to set aside a portion for repairs, I considered the cheaper sentra.

Hope you could give me insights on the GTi

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Keep the hilander, at least kilala mo na yung auto, kung ano man ang masira kabisado mo na ang diskarte. Just get a backup na kabisado mo rin. Mahirap kasi sa 2 secondhand, dalawa rin ang papaayos mo at pagaaralan. pag nagsabay yan it defeats the purpose dahil 2 din ang di mo magagamit.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Keep the hilander, at least kilala mo na yung auto, kung ano man ang masira kabisado mo na ang diskarte. Just get a backup na kabisado mo rin. Mahirap kasi sa 2 secondhand, dalawa rin ang papaayos mo at pagaaralan. pag nagsabay yan it defeats the purpose dahil 2 din ang di mo magagamit.

thanks for the input, I guess practical nga talaga to just keep it, at least I myself get to benefit how I've maintained it for the past few years. Best option siguro, just like what the others have said here, would be just to save up for an affordable back up.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tim4h92 View Post
    I actually considered midsize sedans before the sentra, the 93-96 corona and the Galant MPI/GTi. I particularly like the Euro look of the corona. Sa galant naman, dami rin versions na pwede, you can go JDM or Euro. Cefiro naman, ok din looks for me, it's the maintenance and the fc which makes me choose the Corona or Galant. However, given the budget, and since I really want to set aside a portion for repairs, I considered the cheaper sentra.

Hope you could give me insights on the GTi
    I recommended the Cefiro because it is the newest mid size sedan you can get with that budget aside from being the most powerful and feature packed in its class. Due to the bad resale value of Nissans, you can get a newer, well maintained Cefiro cheaper than a compact sedan of the same year. The Corona doesn't appeal to me, it works well but there's just nothing special with it. The Galant GTi may be good, but its already old, even older than the Sentra ECCS that you're looking for. Since you've had a Sentra ECCS already before, it may be nice to try something new as well.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I recommended the Cefiro because it is the newest mid size sedan you can get with that budget aside from being the most powerful and feature packed in its class. Due to the bad resale value of Nissans, you can get a newer, well maintained Cefiro cheaper than a compact sedan of the same year. The Corona doesn't appeal to me, it works well but there's just nothing special with it. The Galant GTi may be good, but its already old, even older than the Sentra ECCS that you're looking for. Since you've had a Sentra ECCS already before, it may be nice to try something new as well.

nice point how about a sentra series 3 para medyo iba anyway, will add the cefiro in my list as well. how's the maintenance of the cefiro's [SIZE=2]v6 by the way? I read somewhere before that it's quite a pain in the *&& to diagnose.[/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sentra EX Saloon Series III and City LXi AT for me, if 2 cars ang maging option.

or

L300 Versa Van Diesel or Kia Pregio LS and either of the 1st two sedans.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'm not really sure about the diagnosing in the Cefiro. But we do have a family friend who has one. He had the pre-facelifted version (1999, I think) and facelifted it himself (change front and rear fascia) and added huge rims and a kick ass sound system along with huge subs. The result? Show car worthiness! He's had the car for more than ten years now and it he hasn't said anything but good things about that car. When the Cefiro first came out, there were some issues with it due to the loads of first generation new technology that came with it along with casas that don't know how to service it. But now that quite some time has passed, those problems have been resolved. Just remember that the Cefiro MUST take at least 95 octane gas or there will be "knocking" inside the engine. Oh, and did I mention that this car is also VERY potent in the highway.

As for the Sentra SS3, its a good and reliable car that is known for good performance and handling. But IMO if you can get yourself an executive sedan for approximately the same price as a compact sedan of the same year, which one will you pick?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I'm not really sure about the diagnosing in the Cefiro. But we do have a family friend who has one. He had the pre-facelifted version (1999, I think) and facelifted it himself (change front and rear fascia) and added huge rims and a kick ass sound system along with huge subs. The result? Show car worthiness! He's had the car for more than ten years now and it he hasn't said anything but good things about that car. When the Cefiro first came out, there were some issues with it due to the loads of first generation new technology that came with it along with casas that don't know how to service it. But now that quite some time has passed, those problems have been resolved. Just remember that the Cefiro MUST take at least 95 octane gas or there will be "knocking" inside the engine. Oh, and did I mention that this car is also VERY potent in the highway.

As for the Sentra SS3, its a good and reliable car that is known for good performance and handling. But IMO if you can get yourself an executive sedan for approximately the same price as a compact sedan of the same year, which one will you pick?

now you got me really confused

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
give up hi-lander for 2 cars; worth it?