New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gas. Sapat naman na siguro ang 400Nm of torque para sa city driving.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    hehe... badtrip kc VW vr6 nila... unbalanced ung crankshaft because of the 10degrees V6. kaya ramdam sa pedal at wheel ang vibration pag medyo mataas na rpm...

Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyLover View Post
    would you risk buying a diesel cayenne?
    Yes, and I would be glad to take this risk if I could afford to buy a Cayenne right now...

I must confess I'm really addicted to diesel engines.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I really wonder why Porsche didn't tune the V6 diesel for more power and just use it as is in its Q7/Touareg form. It is a Porsche after all and I was expecting top diesel tech like twin e-VGT turbos and even more and with a 300+hp output. Seriously, 240hp from a 3.0V6 Porsche, even if it is a diesel, is rather underwhelming especially when you consider that the Korean Veracruz makes the same 240hp and the Mohave even makes 250.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^

maybe porsche didnt wanna bother with that

all they wanna do is put porsche badges on touaregs and sell them quick

their engineers are too busy working on 911s

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    for those who want more power from their Cayenne, Porsche tuners (RUF, Gemballa, Techart, Speedart, 9FF, Hamann, Rinspeed, etc) are there to take care of that

RUF Automobile GmbH - News

The new Cayenne Turbo is powered by a direct-injected 3.0 liter V6 turbo engine. With its eight-speed Tiptronic S transmission and a reduced vehicle weight, this SUV feels and drives lighter than ever before.

For whom the standard power of 240 hp (176 kW) is not sufficient, RUF Automobile GmbH, in the bavarian town of Pfaffenhausen, now offers two performance increases:

In Upgrade 1, performance is increased to 288 hp (212 kW) through the optimization of the electronic engine management system. The torque rises by 22 lb-ft (30 Nm) to a maximum of 428 lb-ft (580 Nm). The price, including installation is 3,850.- €, plus VAT.

For Upgrade 2, power increases to 310 hp (228 kW) by the incorporation of a modified turbocharger and the optimization of the engine management system. The maximum torque is raised to an incredible 465 lb-ft (630 Nm). The price, including installation, is 7,300.- € plus VAT.

Both performance enhancements are available immediately.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I really wonder why Porsche didn't tune the V6 diesel for more power and just use it as is in its Q7/Touareg form. It is a Porsche after all and I was expecting top diesel tech like twin e-VGT turbos and even more and with a 300+hp output. Seriously, 240hp from a 3.0V6 Porsche, even if it is a diesel, is rather underwhelming especially when you consider that the Korean Veracruz makes the same 240hp and the Mohave even makes 250.
    Yup the HP is a little dissapointing, but with a 550NM of torque, probably blow most cars out there..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kakahiya nga that they would actually release a Porsche that can be smoked or at least cannot shake off even Korean cars as the Mohave and Veracruz (which has 250hp/550Nm and 240hp/462Nm respectively) At talagang nagtataga ng pera eh noh? Upgrade 1 is definitely not worth 3850 Euros. Isang Unichip lang siguro yan eh makakaabot ng ganitong improvement. :rofl: They should've just sold the diesel Cayenne immediately in Upgrade 2 tune.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Kakahiya nga that they would actually release a Porsche that can be smoked or at least cannot shake off even Korean cars as the Mohave and Veracruz (which has 250hp/550Nm and 240hp/462Nm respectively) At talagang nagtataga ng pera eh noh? Upgrade 1 is definitely not worth 3850 Euros. Isang Unichip lang siguro yan eh makakaabot ng ganitong improvement. :rofl: They should've just sold the diesel Cayenne immediately in Upgrade 2 tune.
    I would have to agree with you. Too costly upgrade 1 eh.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    The speed is still brisk at 7.8 0-100, but a diesel engine that has no noise protruding inside the cabine even at full acceleration and more handling superior to a sedan... its still very satisfying Drive one you'll see the difference from any other SUV

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast