New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Would you pick a diesel or gas engine?
    -same power 0-120kph
    -gas has higher top speed (300hp, 400NM at 3,000rpm)
    -diesel has more powerful low end torque (240hp, 550NM at 2,000rpm)
    -diesel has better fuel efficiency (recommendation is to only use V-power diesel) NO BIODIESEL
    -gas has start stop tech.
    -diesel engine has less noise than the gas at high revs

already made a choice, just wanna see what most people would prefer
    A kind reply would be appreciated... thx

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    practical choice is diesel.

purists will be getting the 911, not the cayenne.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Shell lang ba may clean diesel na hindi biodiesel? kasi nakakatakot kc diesel satin

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    If I was buying a porshe, I am pretty sure fuel efficiency would be the last on my mind, so I would get the Gas version. For such a high performance engine and our poor diesel quality it can easily spell early engine failure.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    actually i picked the gas, but i wanted the diesel version because of its torque... but i was afraid of the quality of diesel... thanks for the input... much appreciated

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyLover View Post
    actually i picked the gas, but i wanted the diesel version because of its torque... but i was afraid of the quality of diesel... thanks for the input... much appreciated
    The diesel variant is better for the torque, which is a better match for stop/go city driving style. Out of town trips might have heavy loads which is also better done in a diesel.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rattrapante View Post
    If I was buying a porshe, I am pretty sure fuel efficiency would be the last on my mind, so I would get the Gas version.
    But this is a Porsche large SUV. It's not really in the same category as a Porsche sports car.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    do not underestimate the fun you'll have in a euro diesel suv.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hehehe actually the diesel variant of the cayenne is more refined... but isn't the engine only as good as the fuel you put in it...
    bad for long trips because there is no premium diesel (V-power diesel only) outside MM?

would you risk it?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    bosch din ba ang crdi system ng porsche?? ang BMW alam ko bosch eh.. so kung bosch system yan pwede yan mag survive sa diesel natin kasi hyundai / kia diesel bosch system survived

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast