New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I never dreamed of owning a fortuner. Ewan di ko talaga kursanada mapa-porma at mapa-makina. I like the Alterra Engine grabe super tahimik di mo akalain na diesel. I compared the noise with that of D4D and I have to say bilib ako sa alterra engine na yan hehehe. But if I'm going to buy a new diesel SUV I'd get the Kia Sorento

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    sir, data lang po. plural form yun ng datum... (sorry can't help it).

basti08:
    Is that also being sarcastic?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalm136:2

basti08:
    Is that also being sarcastic?
    you think?...actually the first time i saw the rear of the Alterra, the first thing that came in my mind is that it looks like a Cadillac, few people at motioncars even made fun of my such comment saying that i may be recalling a hearse out of its looks, but really i think its only me but it really looks like an SRX.

notice the shape of the lights vertical and almost (just almost) identical to the Alterra's also the rear is very Cadillac in presence.

but i still prefer the Thai-only Adventure Master. ill post pics when i have one.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004

pwet lang nakita ko.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bilog
    i think vicoyski is just being sarcastic...

Hehehe... 'Di naman... A dissenting comment always invites discussion. Just see how many guys posted after I put in my post. We can get more information this way. And, it's best to make a well informed decision when considering getting a brand new SUV!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005

Dang! i just couldnt find the pic that i wanted. i remember someone in motioncars posted a pic of the Adventure Master. i think he's based in Thailand.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005

you think?...actually the first time i saw the rear of the Alterra, the first thing that came in my mind is that it looks like a Cadillac, few people at motioncars even made fun of my such comment saying that i may be recalling a hearse out of its looks, but really i think its only me but it really looks like an SRX.

notice the shape of the lights vertical and almost (just almost) identical to the Alterra's also the rear is very Cadillac in presence.
    somehow I dont trust naka "all-smiles" na car! or happy cars :propose:

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kira_shinn
    montero sport is an old model (around 2000 i think). it is a good ride. but it has no 3rd row seat,unlike both fortuner and alterra. nice engine though for montero sport
    the exterior of montero looks good kahit luma na. but the interior particularly the dashboard eh dash lang ng L200 pickup & strada pickup.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zpurs
    thanks for your views... keep them coming.. im leaning towards alterra because of the engine. i read a lot of bad reviews about the d4d engine of the fortuner and innova. the funny this is, i have to decide tomorrow if i go with the alterra coz their 50T discount ends tomorrow.
    Go for it Sir Go can improve the look of Alterra simply by changing tire size from 245/70R16 to 265/70R16.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jim
    I like the Alterra Engine grabe super tahimik di mo akalain na diesel. I compared the noise with that of D4D and I have to say bilib ako sa alterra engine na yan hehehe.
    [SIZE=3]I know what you mean dude [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by cardo
    alterra crdi engine is sweet! it alone makes me want one
    I'm no diesel techie geek, and I have no data to prove it but it's a really really nice engine. You'd have to look beyond the metal and plastics to appreciate this car. I think the bulk of the alterra's price(sans 4x4 option) is attributed to its advance engine. But I can't deny that the Fortuner is a more balanced package overall. However, consumers are being alienated with the long lines and mischievous dealers that seem to have come along with the car
    Last edited by cardo; November 30th, 2005 at 08:33 AM.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Fortuner v. Alterra