New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    IMHO sa exterior lang naman lamang ang Fort.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    sa engine comparo, hindi lang hp and torque ang pinag-uusapan. Fuel Economy is highly considered in today's fuel's price. in terms of FC, alterra wins. power, then it's the fort. .

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kira_shinn View Post
    montero sport is an old model (around 2000 i think). it is a good ride. but it has no 3rd row seat,unlike both fortuner and alterra. nice engine though for montero sport
    mukhang mas ok pa ang sorento kesa sa mga pinagtatalunan ngyon ang chevy aveo ok ba un comment naman kung meron kayo.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist983k View Post
    Well mid size SUV's MUST LOOK GOOD! to begin with. SUV's are not practical in the first place. People who buy SUV's look for presence and performance. The Alterra doesnt have any presence. It is not interesting. Id get the old montero over the Alterra. I have driven both and both performs well. If you can get presence and performance why settle for just just performance?

just curious sir, on what area have you compared the performance of both cars.

Engine wise, I wouldn't beleive montero can match alterra's engine performance.

Suspension, I'll go for montero

Porma, sige montero

Presence? I don't think may presence pa ang montero. medyo lolo nalang siguro ang pipili nito. peace - pero masyado na luma ang model. mag fieldmaster ka nalang.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I think its best comparing the two cars only (fort and alt) and minimize comparing it to other cars. hehe

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Head to Head Comparison:

I bought a 3.0 FORTUNER V mid of last year and I'm not so impressed with its suspension. The other thing I'm not happy about it is the fact that there is so little leg room for the passangers sitting on the last row. Its acceleration is good though.

Last August, I bought an Isuzu Alterra, 4x2. And I'm so happy with it. The interior looks far better than my fortuner(the dashboard is just basically all plastic.) When it comes to acceleration, I find it hard to decide who has the edge but I think the Fortuner is a BIT faster(just a bit guys). With regards to the outside appearance, again, my vote goes with the Fortuner.

Now, lets talk about suspension and the overall ride itself. The Alterra has far better suspension and riding comfort than the Fortuner. It's interior is far better too. Not to mention the 5.1 Surround audio system and the two 7-inch LCD display. It is a true 7 seater SUV and people seating in the last row are again far more comfortable than those seating in the last row of the Fortuner. Also, the longer Alterra gives ample leg room for everyone. When it comes to night time driving, the Alterra is again the better deal because of its projector type headlights.

Just ask yourself: "What would I want in an SUV, good looks from the outside or better interior and superb comfort?"
    Since I stay inside the car when driving,(hahaha) my choice would clearly be better interior and superb comfort.

Hope this one helps...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by quiquo View Post
    Head to Head Comparison:

I bought a 3.0 FORTUNER V mid of last year and I'm not so impressed with its suspension. The other thing I'm not happy about it is the fact that there is so little leg room for the passangers sitting on the last row. Its acceleration is good though.

Last August, I bought an Isuzu Alterra, 4x2. And I'm so happy with it. The interior looks far better than my fortuner(the dashboard is just basically all plastic.) When it comes to acceleration, I find it hard to decide who has the edge but I think the Fortuner is a BIT faster(just a bit guys). With regards to the outside appearance, again, my vote goes with the Fortuner.

Now, lets talk about suspension and the overall ride itself. The Alterra has far better suspension and riding comfort than the Fortuner. It's interior is far better too. Not to mention the 5.1 Surround audio system and the two 7-inch LCD display. It is a true 7 seater SUV and people seating in the last row are again far more comfortable than those seating in the last row of the Fortuner. Also, the longer Alterra gives ample leg room for everyone. When it comes to night time driving, the Alterra is again the better deal because of its projector type headlights.

Just ask yourself: "What would I want in an SUV, good looks from the outside or better interior and superb comfort?"
    Since I stay inside the car when driving,(hahaha) my choice would clearly be better interior and superb comfort.

Hope this one helps...
    Nice bro. Same here. I share the same sentiments. I have compared and posted these 2 rides in the Isuzu Alterra Thread
    Last edited by robert_rpn; December 15th, 2007 at 03:17 AM. Reason: ...

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Fortuner v. Alterra