New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    diesel na. sayang yong 300k makakabili ka pa ng civic niyan gawin mong rice. (joke)

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    If you dont need 4x4, get the gas, you save 300T, If you average 15T Km a year. It takes a long time to offset the 300T price difference. also you get quieter engine for city driving. diesel has higher maintance and insurance price.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    oo nga..2 bucks na lang ang difference ng gas and diesel ngayon...and malamang kung tataas man ang prices ulit..definitely diesel would go up. so gas variant na. sayang din yung 300K.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i have been using diesel for almost 5 years na. Dati malaki ang price difference pero ngayon 2 pesos na lang. GAS na ako... plus yun lang ang abot ng budget ko.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Yup! Gas na lang, para umigsi pila sa Diesel!

Sa totoo lang... Here in RP, nobody buys a brandnew and expensive 4x4 SUV 'coz they need the 4x4! You think the guys who have "brandnew" 4x4 Expeditions, Explorers, Patrols & Pajeros plan to drive in some godforsaken potholed muddy dirt road anytime soon?

So, here are the choices...

• If you can say, "The World is Mine" and you have the bank account to prove it, get the 4x4 D4D.
    • If you wanna be practical, yet, want a sense of "World Ownership," get the 4x2 VVTi.
    • If you feel that the line for the 4x4 D4D and 4x2 VVTi is too long, get the 4x2 D4D (coming this August).
    • If you don't wanna wait in line, then get-off. So, we can get our units sooner.

It's that simple...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski

• If you don't wanna wait in line, then get-off. So, we can get our units sooner.

It's that simple...
    LOL! Good one vicoyski !
    Last edited by Monseratto; June 16th, 2005 at 11:07 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahaha! ok sa hirit, vicoyski. ;)

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    pasingit lang...

the fortuner is for cruising, so get the smoother engine, the 2.7gas hehehe

but my question is, why do people continue to pay Toyota a reservation fee when dealers are now telling them the line is up to 8 months long? just imagine how much money the dealers or Toyota are making off the interest they're earning from all that reservation money! assuming there are at least a thousand people lined up for a fortuner, each having paid average 20,000 peso for the reservation fee....that's 20,000,000 right there! try checking your bank for current time deposit rates hehehe....toyota is making a LOT of money from eager buyers.

i just can't believe we've fallen for Toyota's latest racket. they truly are wicked
    Last edited by S-works; June 17th, 2005 at 12:09 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by S-works
    pasingit lang...

the fortuner is for cruising, so get the smoother engine, the 2.7gas hehehe.....
    The ladder frame defines the Fortuner as a vehicle that is not entirely for cruising... It's also made for bruising!

Me? I'm getting a 4x4 3.0V... I don't really need the 4x4... I just want it...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    hahaha! it's so true what they say about knowing what you need vs. what you want

yes, true the ladder frame indicates the fortuner can take the bruising...but i personally would prefer leaf springs in the rear for that kind of bruising hehehe

anyway, to each his own and good luck to the man who has to decide what he wants...or needs hehehe

Fortuner GAS or DIESEL? Pls. help.