New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    yeah.. pero loyal talaga ako sa toyota... never really considered other brands.... iba talaga.. yung resale value medyo importante for me eh... i ges 2.7 na siguro.. nag down na ako kanina.. hehehhe.. so excited na..

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    by the way.. ang gwapo gwapo ng white na fortuner.. ders one on display sa toyota otis... ANG GWAPO.. yun lang masasabi ko.. so we're getting the white.. hehehe

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    sa budget naman.. medyo kaya pa kasi papa finance ko sa bank.. heres what i got from the bank.. baka useful din sa inyo...

30% downpayment...
    1 year for balance = 5% interest
    18 mos. for balance = 8% interest
    2 years for balance = 12%interest

not bad na rin.. sayang din yung money kung cash out...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    since you were considering an altis, the nissan x-trail 250X or ford escape V6 or mazda tribute V6 would probably make a smarter choice than the 2.7L fortuner.
    even a rav4. those will outperform the 2.7L fortuner anytime. unless you really need 7-seats (do you? since you were considering the altis before? that's quite a big jump)

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kung ang habol mo makatipid, dont just think na dahil mas mura diesel ngayon nakatipid ka na. sige try natin compute:

* 300k difference between fortuner gas & diesel, syempre mas mahal din premium ng insurance nun diesel annually

ako I use a gas guzzling 2.0 compact suv, around 1.3k per full tank per week ang gastos ko, multiply this by 4 weeks. naka P5,200 per month ako sa gas. multiply this by 12 months, 62,400 per year. then multiply this again by 3 years (kung kelan lapse na ang 3 year warranty), P187,200.00 na. I used 3 years kasi that's time karamihan nag-iisip ibenta ang kotse, and magastos na kasi mag-maintain wala na warranty.

considering na 2.7 and automatic yun fortuner na gas, baka abot ako 1,600 per week. or if I follow the computation above, P 230,400.

d pa din abot 300k na ilalabas mo kagad pagbili ng diesel. ang mas high maint pa diesel engine ...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    so tama nga na mas high maintenance ang diesel right? sa compute naman ni mazdamazda mga 10.4 years bago mo icoconsider na bawi yung additional na 300k.. based sa difference ng price ng diesel and gas yung ginamit sa computation.... ayun.. so i guess id settle with 2.7 na...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    halos same price na ang gas and diesel 32/28
    unlike dati 7 ang diesel at 14 ang gas...

pero mas matipid pa rin ang diesel in terms of consumption kasi ako sa trooper ko 3.1 TDiC 500 pesos ang 2-way ko pampanga-manila

i dont think makukuha ko ang same output sa gas engine
    baka nasa 1200 or more ang 2 way ko sa 2.7 or a 3.0V6

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I'm wondering why the 2.7 Gas isn't 4WD. The 300K difference from the 4WD 3.0 Diesel is really something to ponder. You pay more for the car and pay less for fuel, and vice-versa. It's really hard to make a choice here. It would help if there were a Diesel 2WD.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    para sakin ok lang 4x2 siguro. not much use for a 4x4 anyway unless may beach or rest house ako sa province and I go there every weekend (ah the dream life ...)

sometimes kasi 4x4 is like buying a P900i, pero most of the time call & text ka lang. last X'mas nga, nag-drive ako & family sa baguio at nakabalik, ni hindi ko man lang na-i-switch to 4x4 yun pickup na dala namin.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    It actually boils down to what you can afford...

Both the 3.0V & 2.7G have the same amenities. Their difference is just in the engine and the drivetrain. However, some guys just have enough budget to get the 2.7G, while others can afford to throw in the extra P300K to get the 3.0V. It is a fact that most of the guys who will be getting the 3.0V don't actually go 4x4 off-roading (don't blast them for that). But, why do they still opt for the 3.0V? It's 'coz that's how the Fortuner is marketed! "The World is Mine..." It's not really marketed like a Ford truck (Built-Ford-Tough)... The Fortuner is obviously meant to target a customer's ego... "You've made it... The world is yours... Buy me... - Fortuner"

So, when you choose, it should also be because you can actually afford it (that means you can afford buying and maintaining your choice)...

That's just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by vicoyski; May 17th, 2005 at 08:39 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Fortuner GAS or DIESEL? Pls. help.