New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    gano na ba katanda dad mo? if he want's performance then get the XT layo ng difference nan against it's competitors when it comes to performance wala pang asian made car that can compete with the performance of the XT, also safety subaru's are known to be one of the safest cars around the world. pero if he's looking for comfort and practicality then tucson gets my vote. actually mas gusto ko looks ng tucson kesa sa XT kasi XT panget ng front grill kaya most forester owners change their front grill.

regarding the parts, wala problema yan sobrang dami na available parts for the subaru here in the philippines. kung wala sa kasa ang part na hinahanap mo you can get it some where else and have kasa install it. also after market parts sobra na din dami, konting mod lang sa XT and it will smoke a porsche cayenne or you can even do a full sti swap for it.

practicality and looks = tucson
    performance and safety = forester xt

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    at ang Tucson CRDi premium ay By Order Basis lang. kung oorder ka kailangan ng 100K DP or bayaran mo na yung car.

in my case, may nag order talaga nun. pero nung nakita nya yung 2010 Santa Fe, yun nalang pinili nya. yung CRDi R e-VGT 4WD.

kaya nabakante yung unit tapos ako na sumalo

*edit: ForesterX, safe ride din ang Tucson. diba 5 stars rating sa Euro NCAP nung bumisita ako dito sa Hyundai Otis, meron dun 3 days old na Tucson GL malaki ang damage. ang sabi nung guard sa akin "sir nag overtake daw tapos inabot ng kasalubong".

Thank God safe yung driver, hindi nasugatan. pero yung Tucson nya masakit na sa mata tingnan
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; April 11th, 2010 at 11:23 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    simple:

Gas consumption

comfort wise, they are probably the same.

Performance wise, while the Forester Turbo is fast... and I have flogged the hell out of it and enjoyed it, Im sure the CRDi Tucson will be give about 95% of the performance and even more low-end torque/grunt at much much less cost of fuel. Remember while the Forester Turbo has 230 hp vs the 200 hp of the Tucson, it has less torque. And the 230 hp is only reached at a high 6k rpm. You will get most of the grunt of the CRDi from 1k rpm until about 3k rpm. In city driving, the instant torque of a diesel (I speak from experience) makes a hell of a lot of difference. Also, the manual mode of the Forester TUrbo is next to useless as it only has 4 gears. If you will use this mode in the twisties, you will probably be shifting between 2nd and 3rd most of the time. Thats just one gear change. No fun. Just leave it on sport mode.

On the other hand, the 6 speed tranny of the Tucson will give you more choices. But thats just me. Who cares if the top speed of the Forester Turbo (about 230 kph) is more than the Tucson. When will you have the occasion to see it often enough to enjoy it?

With the Forester Turbo, everytime you floor it, you know you are burning a lot of gas. A LOT of Premium Gas. From SLEX to Tagaytay and back you will expend more than a half tank of premium gas.

Both are AWD. Both have sunroofs. Both are leather. Both have a ton of airbags. But the interior of the Forester is plain. As in boringly plain. The Tucson has more of a sense of occassion to it.

Looks wise....the Tucson also is more modern.

I dont mind saying that the Tucson CRDi premium is a better ride than my own Forester Turbo. Because it is.
    there you go....the axe is dropped! very well said sir i guess this clears whetever cloud of confusion there is...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    ^^ grabe parang wala na bibili ng forester nyan heheh. gas guzzler

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    ^^ grabe parang wala na bibili ng forester nyan heheh. gas guzzler

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I dont mind saying that the Tucson CRDi premium is a better ride than my own Forester Turbo. Because it is.

I think the only thing going for the Forester in this case would be safety but that is still debatable.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post

I think the only thing going for the Forester in this case would be safety but that is still debatable.

not really, forester still has an advantage when it comes to performance. yes just like EQAddict said the XT and the tucson might be just as fast as each other going in a straight line, but the forester's performance obviously doesn't focus alone in 0-100kph or 1/4 mile time, bring both on the twisties see who'll win. it doesn't mean because you can't have fun on the 4speed of the XT others also won't, it will depend on how you use it. also the off road capabilities of the XT is far better than the tucson, both are AWD yes, but are they the same? no. subaru's AWD is one of the best AWD system known, only audi can compare with it when it comes to it's AWD system. also most people who buys a subaru mod their car, and with the XT just put a turbo back exhaust, drop-in filter and a tune it will give even the STi a hard time. that's another advantage of the XT, it's engine potential when you mod it, the hp you can reach with just a couple of bolt-on parts are amazing. but others really don't care about that since they won't be modding their car.

i'm not saying that the forester is better or the tucson is better, both cars are different in their own ways. both have their disadvantages and advantages, it just depends on how you'll use a car and where.

like i said if you're planning to keep the car stock and looking for a practical car then get the tucson, if you wan't a fun car that you can do so much to it then get the XT.

to me XT=performance, safety and tucson=practicality, looks

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    kasi lahat ng kotse may iba't ibang advantages sa iba.

diba?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    kasi lahat ng kotse may iba't ibang advantages sa iba.

diba?

yes. just like the tucson when it comes to FC and looks, it has an advantage against the XT or the XT when it comes to performance and off road capabilities it has the advantage. that's why when choosing a car it all depends on how you'll use it and where.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I'd choose Tucson iX Premium CRDi ..

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Forester 2.5xt or Tucson premium crdi