New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sure no problem... firstly, the CR-V. i have one, and the interior design and ride quality are not to my liking. as for the Escape, it's a nice vehicle, but the RAV4 has a stronger engine and better interior and exterior styling. besides, i don't have much use for the much-larger back-seat space the CR-V or escape offers (since ako lang naman ang pasahero madalas), in fact, i see more use out of the RAV4's easily-removable back seats.

maybe i'd reconsider if the local CR-V is available exactly as it is sold in the US or other countries (5 seats, softened suspension, maybe the rt4wd...)

anyway, the place of assembly matters very little, imo.

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    For those who are in the market, C0OMING SOON !!! LAND ROVER FREELANDER

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    basta escape ako..!!:mrgreen:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2002
    which is more expensive? rav or escape?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Escaoe is a re-badged MAZDA
    Um, not exactly. It was a co-developed product. From the onset pa lang alam nang may Ford and Mazda version nito. Kaya halo ang parts. V6's from Mazda, I-4's from Ford.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i read in REV magazine na theyre coming out with a RAV4 4x2 na. i think it uses the altis 1.8 engine. what do u peeps think about this?a round 200K cheaper than the RAV4 4x4 e

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalinaw_75
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    i'd easily take the RAV4 over the local escape and cr-v...
    In manufacturer standpoint hindi basta basta makalabas ang product pag hindi talaga quality assured. In case my maka-lusot they scrutinize kung bakit, plus profound brain storming na mangyari before they resume assembly. The customer have power to hold purchase orders pag risky talaga ang complain. Assuming na yung HQ ng company allowed Pinas to build there stuff. I believe na there is a such thing na white paper na yung sub-con/facility will adhere the company quality & integrity to protect there reputation....... IMO
    well said bro! like intel and all the rest of the companies that decided to put up their plant in the philippines, they don't make any compromise when it comes to quality.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Chip,

okay din un SV..sarap na daily driver nyan. 1.8L with VVT-i tech..!!

explorer,

mentality talaga ng pinoy yan.. di nila iniisip na foreign quality pa rin ang gawa nila dito.

OTEP,

well said..!!

bambie,

masmahal po ng kaunti ang RAV..about a 20k?:roll:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehehe! The neverending Mini-SUV argument :twisted:

Gatong lang......

IMO, the Tribute looks way better than the Escape. Dapat yung escape na nilabas dito, yung parang sa Taiwan. The Headlights look like the ones on my Pajero (luma). But on the plus side... its got good size. A major factor to those who need it.

The Freelander is a Range Rover indeed, albeit an old design. I think this is the most offroadable mini-ute (except for the Jimny siguro) But then again, kamusta ba yung RR parts' price and availability..... something to think about.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, given the choices here, i'd still take the rav4. the "GTi" of cute-utes as said by most journalists.

but an alternative i could suggest is the subaru forester. i just got one and i must say it's pretty fine. you're sitting on the rally-bred chassis of the impreza. it gives lively performance, and nothing can beat that boxer engine sound! interior fit and finish is very high quality. price is the same with rav4 and escape at P1.3M.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Ford Escape 4x4 vs. Toyota Rav4 4x4