Hello,

I'm planning to buy a car and I'm torn between Ford Ecosport and Toyota Avanza (both manual transmission). We have a 1998 model Revo and we are planning replace it (still in a very good condition with just 76k kilometer reading!)

Below are the reasons why I'm choosing between the two though you may still add other suggestions that fits the following needs:
1. It'll be a family car. (max of 5pax)
2. Be using it mostly from work to home, vice-versa. (Ortigas/Makati - Cavite) Though sometimes it will be used for travelling to provinces or out of town like Tagaytay, Baguio, Pampanga, Zambales, Batangas, etc. So basically it is a city car that will be used also for travelling out of town though it will be seldom.
3. Fuel efficient (gas or diesel?)
4. Low fuel consumption (gas or diesel?)
5. High ground clearance (during rainy seasons)
6. Low cost maintenance
7. Long term car
8. Features / Technology (camera, audio system, etc.)
9. Will be using it 2-3 days a week
10. Below 1.8L since having a higher value would just mean more gas consumption.
11. And for the last part, I only have a budget of 900k max.

I've heard good reviews for both cars. Comparing them physically side-by-side, they are almost the same in terms of height, length, etc. or not? The Avanza though has a 7-seat capacity but they say that the back seat is not that spacious enough for an average built of a person? As for the Ecosport, maintenance is costly compare to Avanza well... because it is a Ford?

I'm not really into "looks". As long as it looks like a car though :D
Mahirap na kasi yung masyadong engrande itsura ng kotse, takaw sa magnanakaw. LOL

Should you have any more suggestions please feel free to post them here.
Thanks for the help guys!