New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Hello,

I'm planning to buy a car and I'm torn between Ford Ecosport and Toyota Avanza (both manual transmission). We have a 1998 model Revo and we are planning replace it (still in a very good condition with just 76k kilometer reading!)

Below are the reasons why I'm choosing between the two though you may still add other suggestions that fits the following needs:
    1. It'll be a family car. (max of 5pax)
    2. Be using it mostly from work to home, vice-versa. (Ortigas/Makati - Cavite) Though sometimes it will be used for travelling to provinces or out of town like Tagaytay, Baguio, Pampanga, Zambales, Batangas, etc. So basically it is a city car that will be used also for travelling out of town though it will be seldom.
    3. Fuel efficient (gas or diesel?)
    4. Low fuel consumption (gas or diesel?)
    5. High ground clearance (during rainy seasons)
    6. Low cost maintenance
    7. Long term car
    8. Features / Technology (camera, audio system, etc.)
    9. Will be using it 2-3 days a week
    10. Below 1.8L since having a higher value would just mean more gas consumption.
    11. And for the last part, I only have a budget of 900k max.

I've heard good reviews for both cars. Comparing them physically side-by-side, they are almost the same in terms of height, length, etc. or not? The Avanza though has a 7-seat capacity but they say that the back seat is not that spacious enough for an average built of a person? As for the Ecosport, maintenance is costly compare to Avanza well... because it is a Ford?

I'm not really into "looks". As long as it looks like a car though :D
    Mahirap na kasi yung masyadong engrande itsura ng kotse, takaw sa magnanakaw. LOL

Should you have any more suggestions please feel free to post them here.
    Thanks for the help guys!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    mag ertiga ka na lang or jimny, suzuki is reliab

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I'd choose the Ecosport M/T over an equivalent Avanza, anytime....

It's a no brainer, bro.

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.4K:santa:

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Ecosport MT. Much more modern vehicle than the avanza

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    mag ertiga ka na lang or jimny, suzuki is reliab
    This is also my vote. But if I need to stick between the Ecosport or the Avanza, I guess I'll take the latter because of the horrible aftersales service from Ford.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    for that budget I'll get a secondhand 2012 Ford Everest or Montero or a 2013 hyundai tucson

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'd pick the Ecosport over the Avanza. Maybe you can also consider some sub-compact cars (Jazz, City, Vios, Accent, etc) but since you are looking for something with higher ground clearance, they might not interest you.

However, if you can extend your budget, an Innova diesel will be a better choice for a family vehicle.
    Last edited by Egan101; January 7th, 2015 at 10:36 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Or wait for the Honda HR-V or Mazda CX-3! haha

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Try to consider Suzuki Ertiga GLX (TOTL) very fuel effecient and it rides like a car. I think it will meet all of your listed qualifications....

10. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Ford, and if there is a diesel variant, not sure if available here. But am sure, there is no diesel for avanza.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Ford Ecosport VS Toyota Avanza VS (suggestions)