New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by basatuwinggabi View Post
    That's what I think so too.. "Ford" eh.
    Ganun? May discrimination sa Ford? LOL
    How much difference is the maintenance of Ford vs Toyota? Mga 30% difference ba?

Yung suzuki ba, maganda ba yun (brand)? I mean, is it japan base ba?
    40percent higher than a toyota like vios vs. fiesta parang diesel maintanance ng accent ang babayaran mo sa ford.

have you heard any problems sa suzuki except the low resale of the apv and kizashi which i point out is normal for their segments, the jimny has a very high resale value.

suzuki ertiga is made in indonesia, it is tough way better than thai manufatured vehicles, the jimny, grand vitara, sx4 and older swift version were all japan cbu hence expensive and less toys due to tax ramifications

sa indian himalayans madami kang makikita na celerio at alto and ertiga nakikipag sabayan - way higher and dangerous than baguio- toughest of the tough roads.

drawback ng choices mo para sakin is space... i am never meant to ride in a very small luv. hanngang mpv-or higher lang ang rear end ko

funny though im(was) thinking of buying either an ecosport mt or ertiga as a gift for my brother, studying in lasalle taft..... para di na sumabay sakin asar traffic diya eh.... umayaw naman condo na lang daw
    Last edited by victorevolution; January 8th, 2015 at 02:30 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    As a family car, the Avanza G is a good choice at 837k - spacious, torquey engine, higher ground clearance than subcompacts.

The Ecosport Trend is also a good car with more toys than the Avanza, but with less space. If you'll be carrying 5 people often, the Avanza is a better choice. The MT Trend at 825k is the best buy variant because it's feature-packed and doesn't have the transmission problems of the dual-clutch AT models.

If you can live with no features (not even power windows), Innova 2.5J is the best family car for your budget. At least it still has ABS and airbags which for me are more important than creature comforts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; January 8th, 2015 at 11:10 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Family of 5? Kasya ba lima sa ecosport?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Family of 5? Kasya ba lima sa ecosport?
    Yes 5 kasya naman.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by basatuwinggabi View Post
    Hello,

I'm planning to buy a car and I'm torn between Ford Ecosport and Toyota Avanza (both manual transmission). We have a 1998 model Revo and we are planning replace it (still in a very good condition with just 76k kilometer reading!)

Below are the reasons why I'm choosing between the two though you may still add other suggestions that fits the following needs:
    1. It'll be a family car. (max of 5pax)
    2. Be using it mostly from work to home, vice-versa. (Ortigas/Makati - Cavite) Though sometimes it will be used for travelling to provinces or out of town like Tagaytay, Baguio, Pampanga, Zambales, Batangas, etc. So basically it is a city car that will be used also for travelling out of town though it will be seldom.
    3. Fuel efficient (gas or diesel?)
    4. Low fuel consumption (gas or diesel?)
    5. High ground clearance (during rainy seasons)
    6. Low cost maintenance
    7. Long term car
    8. Features / Technology (camera, audio system, etc.)
    9. Will be using it 2-3 days a week
    10. Below 1.8L since having a higher value would just mean more gas consumption.
    11. And for the last part, I only have a budget of 900k max.

I've heard good reviews for both cars. Comparing them physically side-by-side, they are almost the same in terms of height, length, etc. or not? The Avanza though has a 7-seat capacity but they say that the back seat is not that spacious enough for an average built of a person? As for the Ecosport, maintenance is costly compare to Avanza well... because it is a Ford?

I'm not really into "looks". As long as it looks like a car though :D
    Mahirap na kasi yung masyadong engrande itsura ng kotse, takaw sa magnanakaw. LOL

Should you have any more suggestions please feel free to post them here.
    Thanks for the help guys!
    Given the above information, i will suggest you get an Avanza. Take it from one who owns both EcoSport and Avanza.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    ^
    What tip the scale in favor of avanza?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    In terms of maintenance, Ford EcoSport is set twice a year or 10K PMS which ever comes first. Toyota insists on every 5K PMS.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Afaik, diba 5k or 6 months whichever comes first ang toyota. Correct me if im wrong.

Also, just curious, how much is the difference between avanza and ecosport regarding pms?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Coming from a Revo, both cars would seem to be quite cramped inside, and not as versatile. Personally, the Avanza is the more practical vehicle. The bigger seating capacity is there if you need it. Ladder frame and rear wheel drive also means it is actually tougher underneath than the tough-looking Ecosport. Being widely used as taxi service, long term durability, reliability, parts availability and widespread mechanic familiarity can be assured. Being a Toyota also ensures a good resale value in the long run.

But then again, I'd suggest you get a slightly used Innova E or G D4D instead. Even just a 1 year old unit will fit your budget. It has all the abovementioned advantages of the Avanza, with your old Revo's cabin space, flood wading capability and even lower fuel costs.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Ford dealership lalo na pag under ng Laus Group laki ng markup
    Ano mga casa under this?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Ford Ecosport VS Toyota Avanza VS (suggestions)