New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    If you're looking particularly daring, might want to check the Elantra. Not sure how much Hyundai prices them though... especially now that it's just a day-old from actual release, demand's gonna be hot!
    938K for the mid-variant A/T

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Panget ng bagong Elantra. Walang dating. Altis pa rin ako.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    main prioroty FC? ill go for the 1.3 city or vios.

altis, well my sister had one before and at best, it does 8km/l city driving. although its a very comfy car compared to the city or vios (in fact miles away in terms comfort), the honda city will give you around 10-12km/l city driving. vios on the other hand is also a great practical car. both the city and vios gets my vote in terms of FC but if i have to choose one, ill go for the city 1.3s

but if your thinking long term, altis and civic (medyo hindi pasok sa budget, dagdag konti) would be my choice. better space (specially if you were to have your own family). comfort level is as ive said, better than the vios and city. the only problem i see on the civic is its seats are too hard (trade mark ng honda) and altis has very comfy seats.

for me its a toss up between practicality vs long term.
    Last edited by archie123456789; May 30th, 2011 at 09:39 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Noawadays. I'd have an automatic transmission anytime over a manual. You're not driving a Porsche (hell, even those have PDKs) so don't bother with spirited driving. That way, if you get stuck at EDSA's 2hour bonker traffic, you won't be limp by the time you arrive at your destination. - Thanks. Im leaning towards automatic.

For the money, I'd get a Honda Jazz 1.5L. Many have tried to dethrone it, but it's still reigns supreme over its category. SRP is 842K. - Yes, dami ko nakita magandang reviews nito. Some say yung 2010 version mas okay, some say mas economic daw 2011. In terms of fuel efficiency, would you know if ano sa dalawa mas matipid sa gas? And pa follow-up narin for any car, kung city driving, 12km/l is that considered already as fuel efficient?

Another safe choice is a 1.6L Altis. I'd still take the Jazz over its handling though, but if you're the one who tends to go to work with a suit and tie, do the Altis. You'd look idiotic stepping out of a Jazz with one.. parang university student - No I actually just go to work in a plain collared shirt and jeans. So Jazz and Altis will be on my list since dalawa na kayo nag recommend nito.

If you're looking particularly daring, might want to check the Elantra. Not sure how much Hyundai prices them though... especially now that it's just a day-old from actual release, demand's gonna be hot! - Sige, ill do a quick check on the hyundai site for this elantra model
    Thanks again for the reply, much appreciated

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Kung FC ang usapan, sa city or jazz ako. Pero kung comfort, sa altis ako.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Nakalimutan kong sabihin matagtag yung Jazz, mas matagtag pa sa Civic FD haha

Pero maganda ang handling

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post

altis, well my sister had one before and at best, it does 8km/l city driving. although its a very comfy car compared to the city or vios (in fact miles away in terms comfort), the honda city will give you around 10-12km/l city driving. vios on the other hand is also a great practical car. both the city and vios gets my vote in terms of FC but if i have to choose one, ill go for the city 1.3s

but if your thinking long term, altis and civic (medyo hindi pasok sa budget, dagdag konti) would be my choice. better space (specially if you were to have your own family). comfort level is as ive said, better than the vios and city. the only problem i see on the civic is its seats are too hard (trade mark ng honda) and altis has very comfy seats.

Salamat Archie. Ill add the 1.3 City and the Vios to the list. I did see the bronze (Im not sure if its bronze talaga) Honda City, and maganda siya tingnan.

So far i got Jazz 1.3 and 1.5, City 1.3 and 1.5, Accent 1.6 GLS Blue, and Altis to consider. Ill have to do more digging.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post

10km/L City driving ang Altis 1.6L M/T, archie.

Yung figures mo, pang 2.0L Altis CVVT-i 7-speed na iyan.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    Kung FC ang usapan, sa city or jazz ako. Pero kung comfort, sa altis ako.
    Thanks for this sleepcare. I guess this is why hondas are very popular. Pero tingnan ko rin tong altis, ill do a quick look at their site to see if its in my range.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    10km/L City driving ang Altis 1.6L M/T, archie.
    trust me, 8km/l altis pure city.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
First car purchase, recommendations are most welcome.