New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    836
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    You keep forcing the 3.2L Ranger into the discussion, when all that's being discussed here is the 2.2 XLT, which competes with the Strada GLX-V, the Navara 4x2, the Colorado LT, the Hilux 2.5G, and the D-Max 4x2 LX.

    There's also no mention of the 3.2L Ranger in the TS' choices, which are either the Ranger XLT, the Fortuner G, or the Forester 2.0XS.

    Going back to the Ranger, malamang mas mahina yung Ranger sa 2.2 R-eVGT ng Sorento/Santa Fe. Mas mahina rin sa 1KD-FTV ng Fortuner, or sa mismong 3.2 ng Ranger. These are all more powerful engines fitted in more expensive vehicles. Para mo na ring sinabing hindi uubra si Pacquiao kay Mike Tyson. If you wanna compare performance, keep it relative to either the vehicle choices in question, or with the direct competitors of the car.

    And by the way, I'm not mixing my words. Impressive is relative, and the fact that the Ranger XLT makes more torque than its direct competition (according to price/feature set, listed above) is impressive to me. Admittedly, this is based off paper specs, but online reviews and feedback from several Ranger owners don't seem to indicate any shortage in performance.
    Ang dami mong sinabi naman sir, punong-puno pa ng conditions sa comparo haha, samantala nambobola ka lang pala, may pang-baha pang nalalaman at may Pacquiao pa haha! Boy, do you have the AUDACITY to talk about how the Ranger 2.2 is when in fact you haven't tried one yet.... Moreso, you haven't even tried any of these pickups in real offroad, so to speak.... English yan sir ah hehe

    Kaya nga sabi ko wala naman bolahan sir.... Hirap sa atin gusto mo ikaw lang pogi eh, dapat lahat tayo pogi

  2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    16,302
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    Ang dami mong sinabi naman sir, punong-puno pa ng conditions sa comparo haha, samantala nambobola ka lang pala, may pang-baha pang nalalaman at may Pacquiao pa haha! Boy, do you have the AUDACITY to talk about how the Ranger 2.2 is when in fact you haven't tried one yet.... Moreso, you haven't even tried any of these pickups in real offroad, so to speak.... English yan sir ah hehe

    Kaya nga sabi ko wala naman bolahan sir.... Hirap sa atin gusto mo ikaw lang pogi eh, dapat lahat tayo pogi
    If you wanna carry on comparing the Ranger XLT to other trucks that are irrelevant to the discussion, go on. Not that anyone's stopping you. Free forum anyway.

    And don't worry, pogi ka na. Ikaw ang tunay na pogi. It's your show. :congrats:

  3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,833
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you wanna carry on comparing the Ranger XLT to other trucks that are irrelevant to the discussion, go on. Not that anyone's stopping you. Free forum anyway.

    And don't worry, pogi ka na. Ikaw ang tunay na pogi. It's your show. :congrats:
    Let him be bro. Just Let him be

  4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,833
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    Nope sir, the new Ranger 2.2 litre is weak, to be honest, it's not torquey.... Manual pa mga gamit dito and there is an entry-level 2.2 variant and 3.2 litre dito sa workplace namin. Kuwentong barbero na yan - sakay naman si Sirbusabos (Sirboss) na ala din alam haha!

    Ang malakas ay ang 3.2 litre, hindi yan ubod ng laki ng kaha na liit ng makina na 2.2 litre. "torquey enough" like you say doesn't mean "impressive" pare koy. Ano yan, inter-mixed ng adjectives.... Wala naman bolahan dito pare koy, hindi lahat ng tao pare koy mang-mang at nakiki-ride lang na parang walang isip gaya ni idol
    pics or it didn't happen.

  5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,235
    #35
    Nagiging makulay na ang discussion dito ah!

    Anyway, I would not go as far as to say that the 2.2L Ranger is a slow-ass truck, but just that its not exceptionally fast. I've driven a Gen 2 SF with also a 2.2L CRDi 150hp engine. Gauging its performance minus the added weight penalty of the Ranger, I'd say its not too shabby though It'd still get smoked by the higher end models of pretty much all its competitors in the market, including the previous gen Ranger 3.0.

  6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,438
    #36
    Naging emotional na hala

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,849
    #37
    Ahihihihi.

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,626
    #38
    naging emotional attachment na nga...

  9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    38,663
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    Naging emotional na hala
    Pati si bro.pop3corn,- na amuse na rin....

    16.7K:weathermanf2:>:sampay:

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,710
    #40
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    Yup, you may put it that way and you may even conclude any scenario as factual, pero weakling pa rin si 2.2-litre Ranger pickup compared kay 2.2-litre Fe at Sorento, power-wise

    Ayos ba sir, o ayos nalang Niky hehe
    Factual?

    Fact: There is a Ford pick-up with a 2.2 liter diesel.

    Fact: Hyundai and Kia don't make pick-ups, aside from drop-sides with the ancient 2.7.

    Complaining that the 2.2 liter Ranger is underpowered is like complaining the Accord 2.4 is underpowered because Hyundai's 2.2 liter diesel makes 190 horsepower and kicks ass. It doesn't matter because the Hyundai Sonata and Kia Optima only come with 2.5 liter gasoline engines.

    And all the on-paper stats in the world don't matter compared to real-world results. Peak horsepower or peak torque alone mean absolutely nothing. What matters is what the engine puts out over the entire rev range and how the gearbox translates that into acceleration.

    Just ask the "145 hp" 1.8 liter Corolla Altis. Or the "135 hp" Focus TDCi...

    -

    Ayun na... magsilabasan ng mga graphs...
    Last edited by niky; August 23rd, 2012 at 10:01 AM.

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
emotional attachment/fording capacity vs traditional family suv