New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    i bought my first car close to 2 years ago, a toyota altis 1.6 G. it was a safe and very reliable choice, i have no regrets, but at the same time, parang bland at wala akong emotional attachment sa kanya.

im about to buy my second car. factors i am considering are 1) fording capacity (since i live in pasig area which was flooded and i can't be trapped i need to get to work); 2) price and value for money(since i am renovating my house i need to split budget between renovation and car); 3) being family-friendly (i have a wife, one 2 year old kid and a yaya); and 4) i need to be excited about this purchase (emotional attachment, since i gave this up with my first car for the sake of a safe purchase), 5)added features like BT stereo.

my choices are

all new ford ranger 2012 (pasok na pasok sa 1,2 and 4, but looks like a fail sa 3)
    subaru forester (pasok sa 3 and so-so sa 4, but fail sa 1 and very stretched sa 2)
    fortuner (pwede na sa 1, pasok sa 3, very stretched sa 2, and so-so sa 4, and the model im looking at (G variant) im not so sure but i think features are bare and i want a BT stereo)

out of all, i have the most emotional attachment to the ranger (its what my heart wants because the looks and the preception of it really catches my attention!) but my brain says forrester or fortuner (safer choices).. at the same time i save a few hundred thousand also sa all new ranger which can go to my house renovation, plus its newer and mas walang problema sa baha..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Bumili ka na Lang ng condo near your work and get out of the Pasig Area and retain your Corolla.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    Bumili ka na Lang ng condo near your work and get out of the Pasig Area and retain your Corolla.
    well i can't do that kasi i bought the property about a year ago. d pumapasok ang flood sa loob but outside there is a stretch that floods knee/waist deep. and i also need a second car already for coding

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    korek!

pero since sabi mo di pwede, ranger na kasi. bakit fail sa 3 e double cab naman yun? lagyan mo ng seat cover na may foam para di gaano feel ang tagtag. palagyan mo din step board para di hirap si yaya sumakay saka sabihan mo na wag masyado masikip ang kanyang mini-skirt ng di (mo) masilipan.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kuha ka ng Ford Everest. It has very good flood fording capability - at the top of its class in fact. There is an ICE variant which has a kick-ass entertainment system. Although ride quality is not the best, its got lots of space. How much is your budget by the way? Considering 2nd hand units? As for pleasurable ownership, the Everest has surprisingly good handling and with lots of punch especially with the 3.0L variant.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Kuha ka ng Ford Everest. It has very good flood fording capability - at the top of its class in fact. There is an ICE variant which has a kick-ass entertainment system. Although ride quality is not the best, its got lots of space. How much is your budget by the way? Considering 2nd hand units? As for pleasurable ownership, the Everest has surprisingly good handling and with lots of punch especially with the 3.0L variant.
    hmmm i was also considering everest, yun lang wala pang nagbibigay feedback sa akin so thanks for your input, will consider it

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yea. Get the Everest if you don't want the Ranger. They have roughly the same flood fording capability -- well, maybe not. Maybe a little close to what the previous Ranger can go through.

Waterproof naman ECU ng Ford. Tapos ang taas pa ng ground clearance ng Everest.

I've driven one, TOTL unit. Its punch is adequate, hindi naman papaiwan. Medyo matagtag nga lang. Pero kung hindi ka naman maarte, it's a great car.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Tindi ng flood fording capabilities ng Everest. Ang daming flood fording stories ang mga Everest owners. I'm sure the 800mm fording capability claimed by Ford for the new Ranger should be a trifle for the Everest.

Ain't no flood deep enough - Tough Tales | TopGear.com.ph

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Just get the Ranger. Better to buy a car that you'll be happy with.

Isa pa lang anak mo and bata pa. A 5-seater should be more than enough. Even if you add a kid or two, kasya pa rin naman eh. I see no problem with having only a 5-seater unless you've got more than 3 kids.

About the flood fording capabilities, it's nice to know that your car can cross close to waist-high floods, but in reality, you're still better off avoiding them. By the time floods get high enough that only a Ranger can do it, work would already be cancelled and you're better off staying at home, tending to your family. Regardless of whether it's a Forester, a Fortuner, or a Ranger, all 3 can cross gutter-deep floods which you're more likely gonna have to deal with.

Besides, the Ranger's much cheaper. Save the money for a better-located house maybe.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Tindi ng flood fording capabilities ng Everest. Ang daming flood fording stories ang mga Everest owners. I'm sure the 800mm fording capability claimed by Ford for the new Ranger should be a trifle for the Everest.

Ain't no flood deep enough - Tough Tales | TopGear.com.ph
    Great article. A Ford Everest will be my next car definitely.

Siguro first gen yung sumabak nung una then his car is the 2nd gen?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
emotional attachment/fording capacity vs traditional family suv