i bought my first car close to 2 years ago, a toyota altis 1.6 G. it was a safe and very reliable choice, i have no regrets, but at the same time, parang bland at wala akong emotional attachment sa kanya.

im about to buy my second car. factors i am considering are 1) fording capacity (since i live in pasig area which was flooded and i can't be trapped i need to get to work); 2) price and value for money(since i am renovating my house i need to split budget between renovation and car); 3) being family-friendly (i have a wife, one 2 year old kid and a yaya); and 4) i need to be excited about this purchase (emotional attachment, since i gave this up with my first car for the sake of a safe purchase), 5)added features like BT stereo.

my choices are

all new ford ranger 2012 (pasok na pasok sa 1,2 and 4, but looks like a fail sa 3)
subaru forester (pasok sa 3 and so-so sa 4, but fail sa 1 and very stretched sa 2)
fortuner (pwede na sa 1, pasok sa 3, very stretched sa 2, and so-so sa 4, and the model im looking at (G variant) im not so sure but i think features are bare and i want a BT stereo)

out of all, i have the most emotional attachment to the ranger (its what my heart wants because the looks and the preception of it really catches my attention!) but my brain says forrester or fortuner (safer choices).. at the same time i save a few hundred thousand also sa all new ranger which can go to my house renovation, plus its newer and mas walang problema sa baha..