New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    It's the LC 80 that has very good resale value. The local unit in 1996-97 cost about 1.3 M. Now, after 12 - 13 yrs, it sells for 900k - 1.1M.

For the 96-97 Defender 110, the cost before was about 1.1 M. Now it's selling for 1-1.2M.

The other LCs have the same depreciation rate as the Pajero.

BTW, the LC 40 series also have very good resale considering it's acquisition cost before.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yeah but lets say Landcruiser vs Pajero mas mataas parin re-sale ng Landcruiser... So while SUV's are not as affected by depreciation compared to other vehicle types, brand still matters...
    mas mahal nga po resale ng land cruiser but magkano po ba difference nya when you bought it brand new? pajero halos 2.8-3.0M lang land crusier nasa 4M na po ata. its all relative to the original purchase value.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    "OT": If anybody wants to talk Monty or Fort with me, just send me a PM :regards:

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I think both SUVs are ok...but if i have to choose between these two i would prefer the MS because ride is comfy and better than the fortuner( i've already drove this one)...both of them are powerful enough for being an SUV...looks, well i think it's subjective.."beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...performance, i think both MS and the fort are fast..walang maiiwan sa kanila if you would race these two from stand still..except maybe for the gas variant of fort..acceleration is superb because it's gas.. I don't know sa 2.5 fort, it seems underpower siya compare to 2.5 monty and eve..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    If you read about the thread on "ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO" all you would find out about it are just minor issues like moisture on the headlight (other suv brands experience the same especially during rainy weather) etc..
    Mas ok na lang to have minor issues than having major issues about D4D choking problem & a matagtag ride( no question about it, its really a known fact for the fortuner)
    i agree, ok lang na meron minor problems like sa alarm, wag lang sa engine, sus ayoko ng magkaroon ng 2003 trooper na sakit sa ulo at bulsa, i think d4d engine has the same design with the 3.0 d4d, isa lang design nyan, naglagay llang ng VGT, skaa di naman papahuli ang strada 3.2 , lets try hehehe .

ayoko lang tlga yun choking problem, for sure palit injector ka. di bale ng maingay ang MS and strada basta matibay ang makina.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    I am a proud of owner of my two SUVs, a 2006 Fortuner and 2009 Montero Sport, all I can say is, they're very similar, in power, fuel efficiency, space and quality. But the Montero's ride, comfort and suspension is incomparable than to my 06 Fortuner.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan591 View Post
    I am a proud of owner of my two SUVs, a 2006 Fortuner and 2009 Montero Sport, all I can say is, they're very similar, in power, fuel efficiency, space and quality. But the Montero's ride, comfort and suspension is incomparable than to my 06 Fortuner.
    ^^^ so the MS ride, comfort and suspension is better????

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    ^^^ so the MS ride, comfort and suspension is better????
    Definitely! I hate the suspension of my Fortuner, very harsh.
    But I think the suspension of the 09 models were adjusted already.

The only thing I dont like with my montero is its interior color. How I wish it was tan/beige like the Fortuner.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Definitely! I hate the suspension of my Fortuner, very harsh.
    But I think the suspension of the 09 models were adjusted already.

The only thing I dont like with my montero is its interior color. How I wish it was tan/beige like the Fortuner.

nice rides!! I believe that your montero sport is 2.5 AT variant, how about your fort sir?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007

yes it is. i agree with you bro.

pero try comparing it with the 2009 fortuner, you'll see the big difference din.

and regarding the choking issues, matagal na yun. 2006 model na mga fortuner and hi-lux w/ d4d engine lang meron nun, early production ng d4d since that issue came up that time na resolve na ng toyota yung problem.
    wala na naman choking issue on our newly acquired na fortuner.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
The deciding factor: Why I chose the Fortuner over the Montero sport