New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I have been reading pages of members’ posts here in tsikot for the last 2 weeks. I was hoping to get valuable information from the members which could help me decide on whether to go for the ‘09 Toyota Fortuner or the ’09 Mitsubishi Montero Sport .

Verdict: I eventually bought a black ’09 Fortuner
    Estimated Time of Delivery: 2 months (tagal). 2.5 weeks if I get lucky
    References : members’ posts here, www.motioncars.com, C! Magazine, test drive reviews, own test drives

Deciding factors :
    1.Reliability
    2.Prestige (upper class)
    3. Maintenance cost
    4. Dealers: How knowledgeable and courteous the sales agents and service advisors are

It was a close fight ‘til the end until I spoke to one Mitsu sales agent at Rockwell (Metrobank GRS event). He told me that Mitsubishi plants in Thailand were forced shut last summer that’s why they are having a hard time with delivery commitments nationwide. (What??!) He continues with “ok lang yan seer, wag ka mag-alala. ililipat naman daw ng mitsu sa pilipinas ang planta ng montero e…” Hmmm… badtrip bigla. I go "ayos ba ang makina ng montero sport? kamusta naman ang konsumo ng krudo at performance?". The SA goes "medyo matipid naman ser at malakas humatak. Problema lang talaga me kaingayan ang makina kumpara sa iba. Wag na kayo mag 4x4 ser, mag 4x2 na lang kayo para mas matipid at tahimik. Mas mura pa! Kaya lang pipila din po kayo kase wala talagang stock ng itim at puti sa ngayon... kung gusto nyo, ipasok natin sa in-house finanacing namin. Priority po namin yun. Mamagikin ko nalang po"

anak ng..

(paused and did some reflection): lower price compared to the Fortuner (is it really a plus factor?), having problems with inventory , defects and complaints numbers rising in the thread “Re: ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT”, sky-high in-house financing interest rate, +3% dealer incentive (tongpats) add-on to Metrobank promo rate...

Na one plus one ko lang po…

That was easy… I talked to a Metrobank rep, filled up and signed their loan form and went for the safer choice: The 4x4 Toyota Fortuner.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah typically when a car has high demand and out of stock kaya nila imagick sa pila mga in-house financing buyers. Ganun din yung Fortuner dati nung 2006 yung kakalabas pa lang... Pero ako sana inintay mo pa din yung Montero Sport kung kaya mo mag-intay. Wag ka kumagat sa in house nila go cash kung kaya...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=2]Iba ibang choices talaga. Pero sir, havent you read the tagtag issues of the fortuner and the d4d problems as well? Pero sir, kung wala namang uupo sa 3rd row seat at VVTi ang kinuha niyo then panalo yan Although the fortuner is kinda common na rin. Sir IMO If I were given the money to choose and pick bet. the two i`d pick the montero, anyytimeee.[/SIZE] Esp, when I saw NTYCE`s montero just these after noon, nakaka:jawdrop: I promise.

:jazzybass:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganun din gimick ng mga taga toyota when the fortuner was hot and first came out...now that the montero is eating up there market share lalo na naglabas pa ng 2.5L MT 4x4 and montero, lalo kinabahan ang toyota people, i just wish that all sales people of car manufacturers will just be honest and just try to sell the vehicle for its merits.

whether fortuner or montero, you are getting a good reliable SUV that will serve you well.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by softop View Post
    I have been reading pages of members’ posts here in tsikot for the last 2 weeks. I was hoping to get valuable information from the members which could help me decide on whether to go for the ‘09 Toyota Fortuner or the ’09 Mitsubishi Montero Sport .

Verdict: I eventually bought a black ’09 Fortuner
    Estimated Time of Delivery: 2 months (tagal). 2.5 weeks if I get lucky
    References : members’ posts here, www.motioncars.com, C! Magazine, test drive reviews, own test drives

Deciding factors :
    1.Reliability
    2.Prestige (upper class)
    3. Maintenance cost
    4. Dealers: How knowledgeable and courteous the sales agents and service advisors are

It was a close fight ‘til the end until I spoke to one Mitsu sales agent at Rockwell (Metrobank GRS event). He told me that Mitsubishi plants in Thailand were forced shut last summer that’s why they are having a hard time with delivery commitments nationwide. (What??!) He continues with “ok lang yan seer, wag ka mag-alala. ililipat naman daw ng mitsu sa pilipinas ang planta ng montero e…” Hmmm… badtrip bigla. I go "ayos ba ang makina ng montero sport? kamusta naman ang konsumo ng krudo at performance?". The SA goes "medyo matipid naman ser at malakas humatak. Problema lang talaga me kaingayan ang makina kumpara sa iba. Wag na kayo mag 4x4 ser, mag 4x2 na lang kayo para mas matipid at tahimik. Mas mura pa! Kaya lang pipila din po kayo kase wala talagang stock ng itim at puti sa ngayon... kung gusto nyo, ipasok natin sa in-house finanacing namin. Priority po namin yun. Mamagikin ko nalang po"

anak ng..

(paused and did some reflection): lower price compared to the Fortuner (is it really a plus factor?), having problems with inventory , defects and complaints numbers rising in the thread “Re: ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT”, sky-high in-house financing interest rate, +3% dealer incentive (tongpats) add-on to Metrobank promo rate...

Na one plus one ko lang po…

That was easy… I talked to a Metrobank rep, filled up and signed their loan form and went for the safer choice: The 4x4 Toyota Fortuner.

Just one comment read on D4D woes/problems thread!?!? okay na sana toyota but the D4D issues... but that's just me.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by reloaded_acer View Post
    Just one comment read on D4D woes/problems thread!?!? okay na sana toyota but the D4D issues... but that's just me.
    wala naman major prob ang 2009 fort, last time we went to tagaytay since we came from tagaytay highland going to city the closest way is via talisay batangas which is very stiff uphill we are chasing a 2.5L fort, from back is visible there are 6-7 passenger on board 1 is kid i expect a black smoke coz the stiffness of the road the gas pedal need to be press harder but none coming out contrary to some old post on ''d4d engine woes'' and i don't think it's underpower coz that stiff road and yet this fort running at 40-50km/hr uphill...2.5L could be not for sprint in stop ang go traffic but it can run up to 180m/hr and more (someone posted 195km/hr)about the tagtag issue tsk! tsk! tsk! i lost of counting how many times i read this issue...my friend has one we compare it to mine (2009 fort) he agreed that some ms owner are exxagerated when they say the ride i way far the ride diff is not much they are both ladder frame chassis...the fort has the advantage when sprint, our ride both 4X4 from idle at a span of only 250m naiwan ko sya...
    Last edited by saipeme; July 5th, 2009 at 12:21 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yeah typically when a car has high demand and out of stock kaya nila imagick sa pila mga in-house financing buyers. Ganun din yung Fortuner dati nung 2006 yung kakalabas pa lang...
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    ganun din gimick ng mga taga toyota when the fortuner was hot and first came out...
    i remember those times. toyota SAs want early buyers to go in-house financing to be prioritized or units came in bundled with addt'l a/v accessories etc. etc. i guess that's how the market here works. at least now the fort is another viable alternative. before its the fort or either the alterra, everest or the sorento.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jozef_10 View Post
    i remember those times. toyota SAs want early buyers to go in-house financing to be prioritized or units came in bundled with addt'l a/v accessories etc. etc. i guess that's how the market here works..

since the TS readily chose the other, obviously a lost sale, a lost for the manufacturer, but is that practice of SAs benefit the manufacturer in a grander scale?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    kahit siguro sino na matagal ang pag aral kung ano ang pipiliin tapos may taong sobrang nakaiinis sa isang panig ay mahihirapan na di tumakbo sa kabila.

the gimmicks insult our intelligence and push us hard to the other options. but we still have to hold our horses.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Tagtag issues and D4d woes? Hindi ba that was the talk since the fortuner came out?

Do the late model forts still have the problems with the d4d engine? And I think this is only for the 2.5d4d?

Each car has their pros and cons. Depende na talaga sa buyer yan. MS owners love their MS, some hate it dahil may mga problema.

Fortuner owners love their Forts. Some hate it din dahil may problema.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
The deciding factor: Why I chose the Fortuner over the Montero sport