I have been reading pages of members’ posts here in tsikot for the last 2 weeks. I was hoping to get valuable information from the members which could help me decide on whether to go for the ‘09 Toyota Fortuner or the ’09 Mitsubishi Montero Sport .

Verdict: I eventually bought a black ’09 Fortuner
Estimated Time of Delivery: 2 months (tagal). 2.5 weeks if I get lucky
References : members’ posts here, www.motioncars.com, C! Magazine, test drive reviews, own test drives

Deciding factors :
1.Reliability
2.Prestige (upper class)
3. Maintenance cost
4. Dealers: How knowledgeable and courteous the sales agents and service advisors are

It was a close fight ‘til the end until I spoke to one Mitsu sales agent at Rockwell (Metrobank GRS event). He told me that Mitsubishi plants in Thailand were forced shut last summer that’s why they are having a hard time with delivery commitments nationwide. (What??!) He continues with “ok lang yan seer, wag ka mag-alala. ililipat naman daw ng mitsu sa pilipinas ang planta ng montero e…” Hmmm… badtrip bigla. I go "ayos ba ang makina ng montero sport? kamusta naman ang konsumo ng krudo at performance?". The SA goes "medyo matipid naman ser at malakas humatak. Problema lang talaga me kaingayan ang makina kumpara sa iba. Wag na kayo mag 4x4 ser, mag 4x2 na lang kayo para mas matipid at tahimik. Mas mura pa! Kaya lang pipila din po kayo kase wala talagang stock ng itim at puti sa ngayon... kung gusto nyo, ipasok natin sa in-house finanacing namin. Priority po namin yun. Mamagikin ko nalang po"

anak ng..

(paused and did some reflection): lower price compared to the Fortuner (is it really a plus factor?), having problems with inventory , defects and complaints numbers rising in the thread “Re: ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT”, sky-high in-house financing interest rate, +3% dealer incentive (tongpats) add-on to Metrobank promo rate...

Na one plus one ko lang po…

That was easy… I talked to a Metrobank rep, filled up and signed their loan form and went for the safer choice: The 4x4 Toyota Fortuner.