New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    yesterday tumakbo kami to tagaytay w/ fortuner 2.5 G ok naman since matic siya at sanay kami dun sa hilux na 2.5 manual (d4d 4x2 G) sanay kami sa matulon na arangkada , sa tagtag ok naman kahit matic at 2.5 kung kelangan mo ng power bibigyan ka talaga

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    ganun din gimick ng mga taga toyota when the fortuner was hot and first came out...now that the montero is eating up there market share lalo na naglabas pa ng 2.5L MT 4x4 and montero, lalo kinabahan ang toyota people, i just wish that all sales people of car manufacturers will just be honest and just try to sell the vehicle for its merits.

whether fortuner or montero, you are getting a good reliable SUV that will serve you well.
    Agree.

The Fortuner is a nice value-for-money choice its segment. There are reasons why it is a bestseller.

The Johnny-come-lately Montero Sport just so happen to rival and a competitor that improves on the supposed shortcomings of the Fortuner ---engine and powerplant option, ride quality, and manual transmission.

Mitsubishi has found a sales gem on the MS.

When there is a supply problem that's when people jockey for their units. Similar to what happen when the Fortuner first came out.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I got into that dilemma too, I chose fort for having a gas variant and better resale value.

My SA in mitsu monumento told me the same, mahaba daw pila pero puede daw gawan ng paraan, If I will get their in-house financing or yung lease scheme nila then they'll give me priority.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    yesterday tumakbo kami to tagaytay w/ fortuner 2.5 G ok naman since matic siya at sanay kami dun sa hilux na 2.5 manual (d4d 4x2 G) sanay kami sa matulon na arangkada , sa tagtag ok naman kahit matic at 2.5 kung kelangan mo ng power bibigyan ka talaga
    OT: Kala ko ba binalik niyo na yung fort? Hindi pa pala. hehe

:old:

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008

angas diba?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Good choice... Many would choose the MS because its the fresher model. But for me Fort is still the better looking SUV. The 2.5 D4D looks weak on paper, but it actually has adequate power and the engine is very responsive.

D4D problems? - isnt that yesterdays news...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by softop View Post
    I have been reading pages of members’ posts here in tsikot for the last 2 weeks. I was hoping to get valuable information from the members which could help me decide on whether to go for the ‘09 Toyota Fortuner or the ’09 Mitsubishi Montero Sport .

Verdict: I eventually bought a black ’09 Fortuner
    Estimated Time of Delivery: 2 months (tagal). 2.5 weeks if I get lucky
    References : members’ posts here, www.motioncars.com, C! Magazine, test drive reviews, own test drives

Deciding factors :
    1.Reliability
    2.Prestige (upper class)
    3. Maintenance cost
    4. Dealers: How knowledgeable and courteous the sales agents and service advisors are

anak ng..

(paused and did some reflection): lower price compared to the Fortuner (is it really a plus factor?), having problems with inventory , defects and complaints numbers rising in the thread “Re: ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT”, sky-high in-house financing interest rate, +3% dealer incentive (tongpats) add-on to Metrobank promo rate...

Na one plus one ko lang po…

That was easy… I talked to a Metrobank rep, filled up and signed their loan form and went for the safer choice: The 4x4 Toyota Fortuner.
    If you read about the thread on "ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO" all you would find out about it are just minor issues like moisture on the headlight (other suv brands experience the same especially during rainy weather) etc..
    Mas ok na lang to have minor issues than having major issues about D4D choking problem & a matagtag ride( no question about it, its really a known fact for the fortuner)

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    well my friend busted his montero's injectors just a while back, good thing it was still under warranty. Biased opinions are welcome since theyre normal but hope it doesnt start another flame war. Both are really good, it all boils down to preference.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Q: Which of the two has a better re-sale value?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    fortuner

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
The deciding factor: Why I chose the Fortuner over the Montero sport