New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am willing to bet for the Fortuner. Mas mabango kasi pangalan ng Toyota since Mitsubishi has been plagued by problems and scandals.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I am willing to bet for the Fortuner. Mas mabango kasi pangalan ng Toyota since Mitsubishi has been plagued by problems and scandals.
    i agree with this also that is why i got a fortuner.

I just hope that the new mitsus can last like the toyota's so consumers will open up and include them in their selections. Dami kasi napaso dati sa mitsus

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by buchieboy View Post
    i agree with this also that is why i got a fortuner.

I just hope that the new mitsus can last like the toyota's so consumers will open up and include them in their selections. Dami kasi napaso dati sa mitsus
    Isa na ako sa napaso ng Mitsubishi courtesy of their Lancer pizza pie...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    for me when it comes to diesel, mitsu over toyota.

iba ang mitsubishi pagdating sa SUV.

though toyota SUV's are also proven but yun nga mas mahal.

kaya nga magkalaban silang dalawa.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well their flagship Pajero was the center of the scandal earlier this decade. It had faulty suspension that has a potential to cause catastrophic accidents. Mitsubishi tried to hide the problem as to avoid paying for re-calls. Eventually nahuli din sila and it costed them much more in loss brand value and sales vs the cost of doing re-calls... Hangang ngayon apektado padin sila nun. Dati ata Mitsubishi was just slightly below Nissan and well above Mazda and FHI's Subaru ngayon they are even below Mazda in the order of largest Japanese automakers. I am not sure kung mas lamang sila sa Subaru alam ko #5 or #6 sila among the BIG 6 Japanese automakers.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sorry na lang but let's focus on the 2 that's being compared....again a lot of strada owners are so satisfied with their unit, no questions about that. looks, value for money etc. and that is why very timely ang introduction ng MS. again sorry na lang sa mga nagsisi if ever meron and i'm sure marami

given that you have to wait, what's 1-2 months if you really get what you wished for? kaya nga mainip talo is the word. :Needsleeep:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzipino View Post
    Q: Which of the two has a better re-sale value?

without a doubt and no 2nd thoughts. It will always be a Toyota Fortuner.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Each SUV has its own PRO's & CON's ..

Comparing the top of the line Fortuner V & Montero Sport GLS SE, the montero sport GLS SE has more to offer

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinxx View Post
    Good choice... Many would choose the MS because its the fresher model. But for me Fort is still the better looking SUV. The 2.5 D4D looks weak on paper, but it actually has adequate power and the engine is very responsive.

D4D problems? - isnt that yesterdays news...
    congratulations on your decision and hopefully you wont regret it. truth is said that preference really differs and should be followed freely and not with a heavy heart.
    Last edited by XTO; July 11th, 2009 at 09:32 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    [SIZE=3]Deciding factors :

1.Reliability
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]
    - Yeah i'd go for the fort aswell, even though it's still early days for the monty, along with that it seems
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] more well-built in and out. The interior of the monty is more visually appealing than the fort, however it's the fort's interior[/SIZE][SIZE=3] that seems the strongest of the two.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]
    2.Prestige (upper class)
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]- Hmm, for me personally I wouldn't include this as a "deciding factor", but if I did and compared the two, the fort takes it. Having said that, not all "upper class" people drive upper class cars, it sometimes is the case that non-upper class people stretch out to drive upper class vehicles for their own personal reasons... ;) On the other hand since there are so many forts on the road, is it really prestigious to own a fort?
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]
    3. Maintenance cost
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]- I thought it would be cheaper to maintain a Mitsubishi than a Toyota?[/SIZE][SIZE=3]

4. Dealers: How knowledgeable and courteous the sales agents and service advisors are
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]
    - This is hit and miss.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] If you walk into a dealership, it could all bore down to timing. Come in at a wrong time and get a "newbie" who isn't willing to budge at a good offer and has limited knowledge. Or come in at a right time and get a competitive sales person who is knowledgeable and is willing to take a cut for himself in order to give you a good deal.[/SIZE][SIZE=3]

Having said all that, I am one step behind the thread starter - undecided on which one to buy. It may just boil down to whoever gives me the best deal, because I'll be satisfied with either of the two. It would be 1.4M or so well spent :D[/SIZE]

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
The deciding factor: Why I chose the Fortuner over the Montero sport