Hello Tsikoteers,

I decided to get the CRV2.0 MT over the Montero 2.5 MT after having read alot of complaints and issues here in Tsikot with the Montero.

I cancelled my order for Montero sport after i read issues here in Tsikot. I am not willing tho take the risk at all!

Honestly, i was very disappointed after reading the issues and complaints about the montero sport since it was my 1st choice.

i feel that its just not worth spending more than 1M for a brand new car and then ending up with alot of issues a few months later, squeeking sounds, rack and pinion and underpower issues as montero owners have pointed out.

the only complaint i found with the CRV here in tsikot is regarding fuel consumption, which i honestly dont mind since i am based here in Cebu.

I would gladly pay for fuel than replacement parts, even if the vehicle is under warranty i feel it is just not worth it going back to CASA after only 3 months from getting the unit.

I test drove the CRV and really felt i was on a first class jet. I must admit the montero has more features but in the end it boils down to time and the cost of taking care of your ride.

your threads have helped me alot with my decision. Thank you Tsikot.

As for you car enthusiasts, do you think i made the right choice? your feedback would be highly appreciated!