New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    natry ko na crv malakas sa gas at sobra mahal ng parts, hindi sya practical sa akin.

boto ko talaga fortuner pero kung ms vs crv= ms na ako

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by joyandgreg View Post
    Hello Tsikoteers,

I decided to get the CRV2.0 MT over the Montero 2.5 MT after having read alot of complaints and issues here in Tsikot with the Montero.

I cancelled my order for Montero sport after i read issues here in Tsikot. I am not willing tho take the risk at all!

Honestly, i was very disappointed after reading the issues and complaints about the montero sport since it was my 1st choice.

i feel that its just not worth spending more than 1M for a brand new car and then ending up with alot of issues a few months later, squeeking sounds, rack and pinion and underpower issues as montero owners have pointed out.

the only complaint i found with the CRV here in tsikot is regarding fuel consumption, which i honestly dont mind since i am based here in Cebu.

I would gladly pay for fuel than replacement parts, even if the vehicle is under warranty i feel it is just not worth it going back to CASA after only 3 months from getting the unit.

I test drove the CRV and really felt i was on a first class jet. I must admit the montero has more features but in the end it boils down to time and the cost of taking care of your ride.

your threads have helped me alot with my decision. Thank you Tsikot.

As for you car enthusiasts, do you think i made the right choice? your feedback would be highly appreciated!

Good luck in your CRV, I hope you will not feel annoyed pag natabihan ka ng monty, especially the SE variant.

Anyway since you are based in Cebu, its really better you picked the CRV, sobra ng daming naka monty sa Cebu, when I droved my kids to school last week, natyempo ba naman na limang monty kaming sunod sunod na pumasok sa gate ng school. Its either a coincidence o sobra na talagang daming naka monty sa Cebu. Para na tuloy people car ang monty, I wish Sta Fe nalang binili ko, kasi konti lang Sta Fe sa Cebu. BTW I also read all the cons about MS even before I order my unit.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Matipid naman sa gas ang 2 Liter 6 Speed M/T variant ng CRV!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Good luck in your CRV, I hope you will not feel annoyed pag natabihan ka ng monty, especially the SE variant.

Anyway since you are based in Cebu, its really better you picked the CRV, sobra ng daming naka monty sa Cebu, when I droved my kids to school last week, natyempo ba naman na limang monty kaming sunod sunod na pumasok sa gate ng school. Its either a coincidence o sobra na talagang daming naka monty sa Cebu. Para na tuloy people car ang monty, I wish Sta Fe nalang binili ko, kasi konti lang Sta Fe sa Cebu. BTW I also read all the cons about MS even before I order my unit.
    exactly what i was saying: mainstream big suv in a small island like cebu

kaya napapakamot ulo na lang sa'tin mga Europeans eh for an archipelago like the Philippines, puros naka SUV

samantalang mga Europeans are driving fuel efficient minicars. and tataka pa Pinoy kumbakit progressive ang Europe

dito sa'tin ang nagprogress pami-pamilya: mga mala lumba-lumbang pamilya with big big cars, tapos magkocomplain kumbakit hindi green living ang mga squatter / marginalized people

----

annoyed is not the word. baka intimidated if u want to put a strong painggit word. sorry don't work

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post

kaya napapakamot ulo na lang sa'tin mga Europeans eh for an archipelago like the Philippines, puros naka SUV

samantalang mga Europeans are driving fuel efficient minicars. and tataka pa Pinoy kumbakit progressive ang Europe

dito sa'tin ang nagprogress pami-pamilya: mga mala lumba-lumbang pamilya with big big cars, tapos magkocomplain kumbakit hindi green living ang mga squatter / marginalized people

----

annoyed is not the word. baka intimidated if u want to put a strong painggit word. sorry don't work
    hmmm.. hindi naman siguro intimidated or inggit.. probly i would just say to myself na "sayang".. hehe

sayang because the MS was really my 1st choice pero hindi lang talaga ako willing to take the risk of encountering issues within the next 2yrs and wala talaga ako time pabalikbalik sa CASA para ipa ayos ang issues inkaso maglabasan na mga problema..

anyways, theres only me and my wife.. 2 lang kami.. wala pang anak nd no plans pa for the next few years, so i guess mas practical ang crv sakin..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by joyandgreg View Post
    hmmm.. hindi naman siguro intimidated or inggit.. probly i would just say to myself na "sayang".. hehe

sayang because the MS was really my 1st choice pero hindi lang talaga ako willing to take the risk of encountering issues within the next 2yrs and wala talaga ako time pabalikbalik sa CASA para ipa ayos ang issues inkaso maglabasan na mga problema..

anyways, theres only me and my wife.. 2 lang kami.. wala pang anak nd no plans pa for the next few years, so i guess mas practical ang crv sakin..
    yan kase mentality ata ng mga naka-montero. if they have one, they are intimidating or pede na power-tripping.

pag natatabihan ako ng Montero sport sa mall, naawa ako. kasi alam ko mangyayari sa driver eh. pinagdaanan ko na kaya yun

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010

----

Just because we live in an island (Cebu) doesn't mean we bought an SUV just for city driving. A lot of SUV owners in Cebu most of the time do island hoping with their SUVs. We are just practical when choosing a vehicle, one that can drive on all road conditions in the Philippines.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Just because we live in an island (Cebu) doesn't mean we bought an SUV just for city driving. A lot of SUV owners in Cebu most of the time do island hoping with their SUVs. We are just practical when choosing a vehicle, one that can drive on all road conditions in the Philippines.
    +1000
    we also have the d4d 2.5 mas maselan ata ito pero wala padin naman prob..

*jimny sir baka naman yung unit mo talagang lemon di lang naman sa mitsu may lemon e

btw parehong cars maganda at iba din ang purpose nila pareho
    ako gusto ko nung una Crv nakikipagaway pa ko sa dad ko pero yun nga pinaliwanag niya mas kailangan namin ng mas malaki at diesel dahil dito samin nagkakaubusan din ng gas

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008

----

sa pilipinas kasi puro lubak at madalas may baha kaya mas maganda naka suv ka dito.

pag naka minicar ka dito madudurog ka sa mga haring bus at haring jeep dito

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Matipid naman sa gas ang 2 Liter 6 Speed M/T variant ng CRV!
    sabi ng mga ahente ng honda

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
CRV over Montero