New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hey guys! my brother and i are in the market for a 2nd hand car. Our budget has limited our choices to either of these three: 1991 or 1992 galant GTi, 1992 toyota corolla gl or a B13 nissan sentra. We would like to know what you guys would suggest we get. We are looking for something that would be a good daily driver but with decent enough power and handling for a future build-up. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I'm biased. I'm a toyota fan, having a toyota 90 mdl car myself. So I'll just give you some pros and cons that could probably help you in your decision.

for ae92 corolla...
    * the good thing about this car is that there's a lot of goodies and options you can have with this model. a 1992 would already have power amenities as well. the engine is okay, it has a respectable HP in stock form, but is sometimes notorious for gas consumption in its carbed form. well, an engine swap is often the way to go. the good thing about toyota, it has a wide range of selection for your engine choices such as 4EFTE, 4AFE, 4AGE TVIS, 4AGE HH, 4AGZE, 4AGE ST, and 4AGE BT. and most of this selection is still with the same engine displacement. Honestly, I find the car in stock form rather boring. But again there are a variety of facelifts you could take also. With a budget of 150k, you could get a souped up ae92 (modified engine, definitely a looker).

for galant GTi...
    * if i don't mind the engine displacement, i would definitely get this one. many attest that this model is a classic. it is already a beauty in its stock form. the engine is superb, with 4G63 engine already.. if you want more power, then just add a turbo to make it 4G63T... that would impress everybody. hehe. among the 3 choices you have, this has the biggest body and most luxurious of them all. so if you're after comfort, this is your best bet.

for B13 sentra...
    * i must admit, im a nissanbayan member myself, but i'm not really that familiar with the choices for nissan. but from experience with my sentra before, it is very torque. when you look for a B13, try getting the supersaloon series. it has complete power amenities. B13 i think is the best series among the sentra. it is very classy and sporty at the same time with the right mods.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    GTi!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The GTi would be the nicest of the available choices, but there aren't many backyard mechanics who can maintain the hydraulic lifters properly (I hope I got that right)... still, parts for any of the above are easy, and relatively cheap (even the GTi)... though body panelling and the like are bound to be harder to find for the GTi.

Still, a nice car... but it'll cost you more to maintain than either of the others... and it'll definitely drink more gas. Ika nga, you have to pay to play.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    tanong lang, kapag ba bank loan tapos 2nd hand car, the amount loaned from the bank is given to the buyer first para siya magbigay sa seller? or does the buyer give his equity to the bank and then the bank pays the seller (i assume check)? thanks

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    How bout a Toyota Corona? or an Accord maybe?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks guys! it is kinda tough to look for something fun to drive when you're working under a budget. Anyway, thanks again for your input. the 4G63 of the Galant is what really draws me to it, now if only i could find one that has been well maintained (and still within budget!) then i guess it would be a closed deal. One last question, hehe, we really want to build up the car so we could throw it around sideways a lot (even if it is an FF), would the size of the GTi be a problem? I used to own a 1990 AE92 (gl) and it was a pretty good car around the curves. I know the GTi already has a good engine but will it be as fun to drive round the bends? I don't have much experience with the B13 sentra, would it be a good platform for the touges? thanks again...

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ahhh. Galant GTI my dream err my whole tropa's dream car way back in college. Sobra to!! bihira nalang ako makakita ng inalagaan na GTI, kung alam lang ng mga may ari na andaming naglalaway dito!!

Dude kung GTI din lang pipiliin mo hanap ka na ng naka mags 16 or 17 tutal sa presyo niya at age di na masyado may timbang ang mags. Pero you gotta be ready for some repairs kahit gano kapogi yan. Tsaka tingnan mo kung pang ilang owner ka. Pag pangatlo ok pa. Pag pang apat o panlima wag na!!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi po, magtatanong lang regarding s fuel consumption ng Honda Accord 95mdl Vs Mitsubishi Galant 95 both M/T, ano po ba mas tipid? Kasi I am planning to buy a Galant M/T 94-96Mdl, pero napapaisip din ako regarding s pagkuha ng Honda Esi 03-95 Mdl or Nissan S3 -95Mdl or Mazda 323 97-99 Mdl or Mitsubishi Lancer 93-96 Mdl, hindi po ba halos pareparehas n ng fuel consumption silang lahat? Totoo din po b n pag Mitsubishi eh sirain? Pag honda kalawangin? Salamat po sa mga tulong nyo

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Svertalfheim View Post
    Hi po, magtatanong lang regarding s fuel consumption ng Honda Accord 95mdl Vs Mitsubishi Galant 95 both M/T, ano po ba mas tipid? Kasi I am planning to buy a Galant M/T 94-96Mdl, pero napapaisip din ako regarding s pagkuha ng Honda Esi 03-95 Mdl or Nissan S3 -95Mdl or Mazda 323 97-99 Mdl or Mitsubishi Lancer 93-96 Mdl, hindi po ba halos pareparehas n ng fuel consumption silang lahat? Totoo din po b n pag Mitsubishi eh sirain? Pag honda kalawangin? Salamat po sa mga tulong nyo
    owned a cefiro before not a galant or accord, anyway with their engine displacements, 4-6km/l lang sa city driving makukuha mo diyan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
getting a 2nd hand car