New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    Thats the thing bro, made a table and listed the 3 cars' qualities and features and the end result, equal yung lexus and benz sa gusto ko with the BMW only a point behind.

Will look into the Audi also as suggested.

Picture this guys, you are a 40 year old looking for a new 4-door daily driver as a reward for yourself using your hard-earned money. After test driving your shortlist of cars, you got confused on which to pick since each car has its own strengths on what you are looking for. ��
    if it's so close that you cannot decide, any of the three will do. . .
    if i were you in that exactly the same situation, i'd get the lexus and use the extra money to buy the wife a nice watch (omega, cartier, or even a rolex). . .
    switch to a benz after 8 years. . .the watch will still be with her

now, me being myself, among the three choices, i'd get the bmw

good luck!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    if it's so close that you cannot decide, any of the three will do. . .
    if i were you in that exactly the same situation, i'd get the lexus and use the extra money to buy the wife a nice watch (omega, cartier, or even a rolex). . .
    switch to a benz after 8 years. . .the watch will still be with her

now, me being myself, among the three choices, i'd get the bmw

good luck!
    At this time, I am leaning more on the Lexus ONLY because the Benz exudes so much class that it is not me, hehe. Yup, maybe after 6-8 years and it's time to switch cars, then the Benz would be on top of my list.

I realised this when the CATS SA called me up yesterday and offered me their last remaining 3 units of the outgoing model E-Class now priced at 3.6M which is just a shade over the current price of the new C-Class. Of course went to look at the unit and.....it hit me. The car with the 3 pointed star looked so classy that it doesn't fit my personality... at this time of course. I liked the driving feel, comfort and all but it felt like I always have to be in a suit or something or I always have to be in a meeting with top executives, etc. Mind you, the current C-Class also exudes that sense too, hehe.

Anyway, also went to Audi as suggested and looked at the A3. They don't have any more A4s since they are waiting for the all-new A4 to be launched later this year or early next year. The S3 will be arriving next month and they don't have a price for it yet. Honestly, the A3 is a very nice car, the interior is very simple yet elegant... already booked a test drive to see if it will be included in my shortlist, hehe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Nice choices but I would go for the Lexus. Value for money nga. Simple elegance.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    After a lot of thinking and research, have decided to get the IS350. I think I will get the most value for my money with the Lexus. Thanks for all the inputs.

BTW, test drove the A3, although it's a very fine car, I find it small for my taste.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Why not consider the NX 200t * 2.848M? For just a little bit more you get higher ground clearance. Hahahahaha.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    After a lot of thinking and research, have decided to get the IS350. I think I will get the most value for my money with the Lexus. Thanks for all the inputs.

BTW, test drove the A3, although it's a very fine car, I find it small for my taste.
    300hp baby! Sweet choice.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006

300hp, NA engine, RWD, plus the creature comforts - who can say no to that? Congrats!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

300hp, NA engine, RWD, plus the creature comforts - who can say no to that? Congrats!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Why not consider the NX 200t * 2.848M? For just a little bit more you get higher ground clearance. Hahahahaha.
    Test drove it also bro, but at this time I have no need for another SUV, satisfied pa naman ako sa Santa Fe ko, hehe

BTW, will be getting the F sport version with the dark rose interior, hehe
    Last edited by bjreyesmd; May 11th, 2015 at 11:06 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Yeah those cars are nice. Will eat a c200 or 318d alive. I wonder how big the rear seats are.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    nice! you won't regret getting the f-sport.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast