New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I'm in the market for a luxury compact after the wifey gave her go-signal. This will become my daily drive. After driving SUVs for eight years now, it's a breath of fresh air to be back driving a sedan again.

I went to Lexus, Cats and Autoallee and test drove the following cars- IS350 F sport, the new MB C200 and the BMW 318d SE. Each of the cars have their own strengths and now I'm having a hard time what to eventually choose. I like the driving dynamics of the BMW, the power of the IS350 and the comfort of the C200. The cheapest is the 318d with its 200k discount (2.79m) with the Benz the most expensive (3.5m). Features-wise the IS had the most tech. The Benz has the biggest cabin space and the largest trunk.

What's your opinion guys?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    All of them are good cars. These would come down to youre own preference i guess. But if i were to choose, i would get the benz. To me Benzes exude more character than either lexus or bmw.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Id take the benz. I also looked at it in CATS and except for the cheap looking screen, everything else inside exudes quality.

And its got more than enough power.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Lexus IS has more value for money since it's tax exempt. The new Spindle look is a radical design direction though.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Walter has a point on the value for money thing. Can't go wrong with either.
    Though the 318d is kinda meh

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Hard to decide really. Depends on how you want to project yourself. Benz is a class above both cars. It exudes class and formality. BMW sportiness and the Lexus...well an informal all rounder.

If it were my choice i'd go with the Benz... Goodluck on your purchase sir! Confused after test drive- Need opinions🏽

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    The interior of the C200 really was nice although I feel that equipment that should have been standard at that price range was lacking. What stood out for me was the ride comfort and space. For the IS, I agree it's the most value for money among the three. Still can't decide on what to prioritize though. What I know is it would become my daily driver and planning to keep it for at least 6-7 years

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Between the 3 choices mentioned. I'd get the C200 also. Your going to use it daily for 6-7 years, I reckon a comfy ride will be your top priority more than the "toys" you see on the other two brands.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd take the Lexus - the power and features that it offers for its P3M price tag is a bargain compared to the Germans.

I don't like the exterior of the new C-class. The S-class design doesn't look good on a short and small frame of compact, especially the rear.

I've driven the 318d and felt that the 320d or 320i would be more rewarding for such a willing chassis. I haven't driven the new C200, but the old one was both fun and stately to drive.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I'd take the Lexus among the 3, had a previous gen 318i (E90) and the car proved to be very unreliable, it first broke down on me in a matter of months when it just had 460 kilometers, it was fixed under warranty and it was something related to the ignition system. But come on, when was the last time you've heard a brand new car broke down all of a sudden with just a few hundred kilometers on the clock? The next episode was when the ECU broke down with less than 2,000 kilometers on the clock, luckily it was still under warranty back then, but it was about to expire. Once I got the car out of Autohaus BMW Libis, I immediately posted it on OLX and it took a few months before someone finally bought it at a huge loss on my part. After about 4 months, i saw that car again posted on OLX by the person who bought it from me, I guess he also suffered misfortunes with that car.

The C class on the other hand just looks way to similar to the model it replaced.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'd take the Lexus among the 3, had a previous gen 318i (E90) and the car proved to be very unreliable, it first broke down on me in a matter of months when it just had 460 kilometers, it was fixed under warranty and it was something related to the ignition system. But come on, when was the last time you've heard a brand new car broke down all of a sudden with just a few hundred kilometers on the clock? The next episode was when the ECU broke down with less than 2,000 kilometers on the clock, luckily it was still under warranty back then, but it was about to expire. Once I got the car out of Autohaus BMW Libis, I immediately posted it on OLX and it took a few months before someone finally bought it at a huge loss on my part. After about 4 months, i saw that car again posted on OLX by the person who bought it from me, I guess he also suffered misfortunes with that car.

The C class on the other hand just looks way to similar to the model it replaced.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast