New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Accent Diesel if you are willing not to follow the PMS of HARI

Jazz if you want your warranty intact. But the new jazz is just around the corner

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Personally, I don't really mind if a car is being used for cab service. Since it was trusted to run continuously for hundreds of kilometers daily, this actually proves the reliability and efficiency of this car. This would also mean that just about any mechanic would be familiar with it, and you will never have problems with parts. But then if it has cramped cabin and trunk space and cheap plastics, that is another story...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I can't comment on the accent or mirage but if you need trunkspace, the jazz has loads of it when you fold down the rear seat. However, the vios for me is a good all around car with excellent fuel economy and ease of maintenance. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is low. I've gone over some high humps where the vios has skidded. The jazz hasn't done this for me. I find it lower than any of our other cars. Both cars are comfortable enough for me and are easy to park due to their small size.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Can't believe people are still harping on about that 5000 km / 3 month deal.

Every single brand new car we've EVER owned came with a REQUIRED 5,000 km / 3 month service interval. And all of them would nag you on the phone to come in. Except with the CR-V. And even then, the only reason Honda didn't call us every six months was because we did 10,000 kms in just two to three months.

If you think Hyundai is being unreasonable with the 5k / 3mo interval, you've never owned a brand new car before...
    Last edited by niky; July 19th, 2013 at 11:09 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I am also in this predicament. But my choice has narrowed down between accent and jazz. Jazz is roomier than the accent but it's higher on gas expense though. Never mind the PMS, one can live with the 5,000km rather the the BS 3 months crap. Yung sandalan lang ng accent sa likod is stiff. Good enough sa mga bata lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Every single brand new car we've EVER owned came with a REQUIRED 5,000 km / 3 month service interval. And all of them would nag you on the phone to come in. Except with the CR-V. And even then, the only reason Honda didn't call us every six months was because we did 10,000 kms in just two to three months.

If you think Hyundai is being unreasonable with the 5k / 3mo interval, you've never owned a brand new car before...
    Well niky i do own a brand new 2012 kia sorento, and the pm schedule is 5000km/6 months.

And prior to that a brand new 2009 hyundai santa fe gen 2, and the pm schedule was also 5000km/6 months.

And before that a brand new 2007 hyundai starex grx, and the pm schedule was also 5000km/6 months.

And a brand new 2001 mitsubishi lancer mx, the pm schedule was also 5000km/6 months.

And so too was my brand new 1997 mazda 323, also with a 5000km/6 months pm schedule.

Why, oh do please tell why, my brand new hyundai grand starex bought in 2011, with a pm schedule of 5000km/6 months in the owner's manual, would suddenly need to be serviced every 3 months? What could justify this change 4 months after i purchased the vehicle and be told that their much advertised 5 year warranty will be voided if i do not follow?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    After the first few maintenance sessions, we shift PMS outside, every 5000kms regardless of time. Never had any trouble. No warranty claims either.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Inquired at wheels about the accent hb. I asked them about tha 5000/3 months, importan daw ang 5000km change oil, regardless of the time.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Well niky i do own a brand new 2012 kia sorento, and the pm schedule is 5000km/6 months.

And prior to that a brand new 2009 hyundai santa fe gen 2, and the pm schedule was also 5000km/6 months.

And before that a brand new 2007 hyundai starex grx, and the pm schedule was also 5000km/6 months.

And a brand new 2001 mitsubishi lancer mx, the pm schedule was also 5000km/6 months.

And so too was my brand new 1997 mazda 323, also with a 5000km/6 months pm schedule.

Why, oh do please tell why, my brand new hyundai grand starex bought in 2011, with a pm schedule of 5000km/6 months in the owner's manual, would suddenly need to be serviced every 3 months? What could justify this change 4 months after i purchased the vehicle and be told that their much advertised 5 year warranty will be voided if i do not follow?
    Hyundai pasig doesnt follow the months rule... What they follow know is the 5k rule. I know coz i just bought an accent crdi from them. I even ask them pano kung lumampas sa 5k. They said its ok as long as its reasonable... Around 6-6.5k is acceptable... Pero as an owner di ko naman pababayaan na lumampas ng 6k.. Basta sa kanila kahit gaano katagal basta you bring it to them every 5k or within their allowable kms..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

BMW...... 12k (computer bugs you when to service)
    Ford....... 10k (gas models, thats what the focus ad says)
    subaru.... 10k

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast