New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which compact sedan should I get?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honda Civic 1.8 a/t

9 30.00%
  • Hyundai Elantra 1.6 a/t

6 20.00%
  • Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 a/t

15 50.00%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Para wala na problem. Since you want the Lancer EX but with a bigger cargo space.... get the ASX.

problem solved.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Para wala na problem. Since you want the Lancer EX but with a bigger cargo space.... get the ASX.

problem solved.
    Tinignan ko na din yan kaso 2.0 liter, same engine as the Lancer Ex GTA (sabi ng SA) so most likely FC is around 6-7 km/liter lang chaka above 1M. Budget is below 1M. Pero sayang ganda din niyan, imported from Japan

Quote Originally Posted by chocomansi View Post
    Hehe. Both are just bang for the buck! But not really sure which one will last longer, though Mitsu has proven it since I'm seeing Mitsu 90s model. Good luck sa atin.

Ganda naman kasi talaga ng deal sa Mitsu, (got 70k discount + iPad mini) plus free labor sa 1k, 5k at 10k PMS. Not sure kung ano pa pwde hilingin na freebies. (cguro tint of choice). Sa Hyundai, wala! (strike while the iron is hot!!!) tsk tsk!
    Wow yan ang mga promo na sinabi sa yo? Yung sa akin is only 41 discount plus iPad mini. Hindi din nabanggit yung free labor ng PMS. Saan dealership ka nagtanong?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyds View Post
    3ple4, maganda talaga ang red sir, here's mine (pangakit hehe), base unit na GLX:

Ganda talaga pag binihisan ang Lancer especially kung marunong ka mag-design. Kung sakaling matuloy yung Lancer at binihisan ko, e d ang popogi ay yung driver namin, naka-shades pa naman yung pag mag-drive hahahaha!!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Ganda nga ng asx :happy2:

Hindi pa ba mag full model change ang lancer soon?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^ hindi malayo magpalit ng model since medyo matagal na rin yung present model. If there's any indication, evo 11 has some sort of face lift rather than a new model all together.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chocomansi View Post
    Hehe. Both are just bang for the buck! But not really sure which one will last longer, though Mitsu has proven it since I'm seeing Mitsu 90s model. Good luck sa atin.

Ganda naman kasi talaga ng deal sa Mitsu, (got 70k discount + iPad mini) plus free labor sa 1k, 5k at 10k PMS. Not sure kung ano pa pwde hilingin na freebies. (cguro tint of choice). Sa Hyundai, wala! (strike while the iron is hot!!!) tsk tsk!
    Sa Accent HB may 10k discount. I got 40k discount sa Elantra. Not sure kung anong dealer ka nagtanong bro.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Tinignan ko na din yan kaso 2.0 liter, same engine as the Lancer Ex GTA (sabi ng SA) so most likely FC is around 6-7 km/liter lang chaka above 1M. Budget is below 1M. Pero sayang ganda din niyan, imported from Japan !

With the ASX 2.0L... FC of around 9km/L (CITY) and 12km/L (HIWAY) are achievable as long as traffic flow isn't going at a turtle's pace or slower....

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I owned a 2007 Civic FD and Upgraded to a 2.0 Lancer EX. The interior of the Civic is still unparalleled. Both the FD and FB interiors are jawdropping and the cabin space is just insane! I have never seen such spacious dashboards and straight floors on the back row! When I upgraded to the Lancer EX, it almost made me cry. The instrument panel is so bad that I found it hard to believe that I was looking at the dashboard of a million peso car. It is really ugly--uglier than the ass of a constipated donkey. The cabin space is also smaller; the back row has a "hump" in the middle. I don't even know why I upgraded. Maybe I was bored.

I would pick the Civic hands down. When I get bored again, I will feed my Lancer Ex to the dogs and go back to the Civic. I have never seen a compact sedan interior better than the Civic's, and I have never seen a compact sedan with more cabin space than the Civic.

Forget the Elantra. That car was only made to win beauty contests. Japanese and Euro cars rule!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hcdangan View Post
    I owned a 2007 Civic FD and Upgraded to a 2.0 Lancer EX. The interior of the Civic is still unparalleled. Both the FD and FB interiors are jawdropping and the cabin space is just insane! I have never seen such spacious dashboards and straight floors on the back row! When I upgraded to the Lancer EX, it almost made me cry. The instrument panel is so bad that I found it hard to believe that I was looking at the dashboard of a million peso car. It is really ugly--uglier than the ass of a constipated donkey. The cabin space is also smaller; the back row has a "hump" in the middle. I don't even know why I upgraded. Maybe I was bored.

I would pick the Civic hands down. When I get bored again, I will feed my Lancer Ex to the dogs and go back to the Civic. I have never seen a compact sedan interior better than the Civic's, and I have never seen a compact sedan with more cabin space than the Civic.

Forget the Elantra. That car was only made to win beauty contests. Japanese and Euro cars rule!
    When you get bored, give your Lancer to my dogs. :D

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    When you get bored, give your Lancer to my dogs. :D
    Unfortunately, most of them insist on keeping their Lancers and give me their f#cking st#pid dogs.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Having owned a 2.0liter EX MX (before it was claimed by Ondoy) and now a current Elantra 1.8AT owner, here are my 2 cents worth:

1) Interior-wise, Elantra is better visually. Outfit it with a real leather interior (which I did) it will feel like a mini Sonata.

2) Power, Elantra's 1.8 seems very similar to the Lancer's 2.0. Very responsive. Never used the paddle shifters on the Lancer as the car shifts better by itself. 6AT of the Elantra is a surprising feature, better vs the 5AT of the Civic imho.

3) Elantra trunk bigger vs Lancer, both have full size spares.

4) Steering, handling: Lancer is more sporty, Elantra less so. Elantra's ride is more biased for comfort/cruising. Lancer has much more road feel, Elantra has lightest steering feel among all cars I've owned. Must be getting old, but i think i like it in Manila's stop and go traffic.

5) Economy: both cars are not that thirsty, my style of spirited driving whenever possible still nets me 7.5 to 8km/l. Worst i've seen is 6.5l traffic jam scenario.

6) NVH: Lancer is quieter than Elantra. Cost cutting evident here as the insulation of the Koreans not yet up to par with the Japs. Pero maliit lang difference. Must be a car firm design philosophy, as my Korean made Chevy Cruze is also better insulated vs the Elantra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk . . . 😄

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast