New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which compact sedan should I get?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honda Civic 1.8 a/t

9 30.00%
  • Hyundai Elantra 1.6 a/t

6 20.00%
  • Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 a/t

15 50.00%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi guys, I would be glad if you can help me out...

It's been two weeks and until now I'm still undecided which compact sedan to buy to replace my 05 Honda City 1.3, my choices are:

Civic 1.8 A/T
    Elantra 1.6 A/T
    Lancer EX 1.6 A/T

Primary purpose is to be used by driver to take my kids to school. In short, pang hatid sundo. Pero shempre during the first few months, ako muna ang gagamit kasi bago pa

Deal clincher would be fuel efficient and wide 2nd passenger row. Stiff suspension maybe I can do away with coz my kids hardly notices the suspension hehe!

I haven't done any test driving coz I have no time, just a quick stop to the showrooms was all I did. No time din kasi due to my busy schedule in the office.

Here are my comments on the 3:

Civic - I like Hondas, good service and quality of vehicles. However, parang malakas sa gas kasi 1.8L and so far walang cash discount from the dealers, I think except for the base 1.8L a/t

Elantra - I like the fluidic design and price. But also read some negative feedback bad insulation (road noise) and stiff suspension. And also bad Hyundai aftersales service.

Lancer - I still like the boxy design and I like Mitsubishis in general. Had good experience with Lancers before. However, very small trunk, eksakto lang ang isang stroller hehe! Another feedback that I didn't like is that it's more of a sporty ride meaning medyo stiff suspension din.
    Last edited by 3ple4; May 1st, 2013 at 11:57 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Hi guys, I would be glad if you can help me out...

It's been two weeks and until now I'm still undecided which compact sedan to buy to replace my 05 Honda City 1.3, my choices are:

Civic 1.8 A/T
    Elantra 1.6 A/T
    Lancer EX 1.6 A/T

Primary purpose is to be used by driver to take my kids to school. In short, pang hatid sundo. Pero shempre during the first few months, ako muna ang gagamit kasi bago pa

Deal clincher would be fuel efficient and wide 2nd passenger row. Stiff suspension maybe I can do away with coz my kids hardly notices the suspension hehe!

I haven't done any test driving coz I have no time, just a quick stop to the showrooms was all I did. No time din kasi due to my busy schedule in the office.

Here are my comments on the 3:

Civic - I like Hondas, good service and quality of vehicles. However, parang malakas sa gas kasi 1.8L and so far walang cash discount from the dealers, I think except for the base 1.8L a/t

Elantra - I like the fluidic design and price. But also read some negative feedback bad insulation (road noise) and stiff suspension. And also bad Hyundai aftersales service.

Lancer - I still like the boxy design and I like Mitsubishis in general. Had good experience with Lancers before. However, very small trunk, eksakto lang ang isang stroller hehe! Another feedback that I didn't like is that it's more of a sporty ride meaning medyo stiff suspension din.
    End of the day sir I got the Elantra 1.8 A/T. Almost same price as the Civic 1.8 AT

pero given your choices, Id go Civic siguro. Proven trusted and track record. I have a CRV and it is well taken care of by my casa.

Why am i getting an Elantra? I want to try other brands.Para in the future, I could have choices. Dun sa dealership na kinuhanan ko ng Elantra walang problema masyado. very accommodating naman sila (if after sales ang concern mo, there are notorious dealerships but not all of them)

Lancer, maliit nga ang trunk. same issues with me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Paps, meron kasi false flooring yung trunk ng Lancer EX, makapal na styro and light wood to have room separation sa spare tires at tools. You can choose to remove the false flooring to give you more depth sa trunk. If trunk space is important, go for the Honda City GM. Ito na ata yung may pinakamalalim na trunk na nakita ko

Nga pala, yung 9th gen Civic FB na nandito sa atin ngayon is already outdated in terms of design. Nilabas na globally yung refresh ng 9th gen because of poor feedback from different reviews. In short, niluma agad ng Honda yung unang version. The thing is, di pa natin alam kung kailan dadalhin dito sa Pinas yung refreshed FB.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I got the lancer ex a/t. smallest trunk I've ever seen. design, pareho tayo sir na mas type yung medyo boxy pa rin. If it's for school purpose, civic would be my choice from the three. reliability and comfort of Hondas are undeniable. plus, way bigger trunk for your children's school stuff.

I can't comment for the fc but for the lancer ex, I get around 8km/l city driving.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jigs_xix View Post
    Paps, meron kasi false flooring yung trunk ng Lancer EX, makapal na styro and light wood to have room separation sa spare tires at tools. You can choose to remove the false flooring to give you more depth sa trunk. If trunk space is important, go for the Honda City GM. Ito na ata yung may pinakamalalim na trunk na nakita ko

Nga pala, yung 9th gen Civic FB na nandito sa atin ngayon is already outdated in terms of design. Nilabas na globally yung refresh ng 9th gen because of poor feedback from different reviews. In short, niluma agad ng Honda yung unang version. The thing is, di pa natin alam kung kailan dadalhin dito sa Pinas yung refreshed FB.
    O nga paps, nakita ko na din yung bagong Civic pero ang balita ko ay hindi daw ilalabas dito. And the fact na hindi namimigay ng discount for the Civic, only means na mukhang matagal tagal pa if ever darating dito yung bagong Civic.

Sana may mag-post dito ng FC ng 1.8L Civic, yung sa Honda thread kasi walang nag-re-reply.

Baka hindi na magpantay (flat) yung flooring ng trunk ng Lancer kung tanggalin ko yung styro and light wood.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    actually napatingin ako sa trunk ko just now. Hindi nga papantay. at most you'll get no more than two inch depth because of the spare tire.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Isa pa sa mga concerns ko sa Cvic yung pagiging outdated nya. City ka na lang ulit siguro

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    I got a honda a honda civic japanese version. Ang fc nya is 8 to 10kmper liter as of on board computer. Pumunta ako tarlac cruising speed 110kmper hour almost 16 km/liter matipid sya naka cruise control. Pero kung di ikaw gagamit i rather choose ung altis o kaya sa choices mo ung elantra.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks for the comment of Civic. Honestly, I don't trust the FC of onboard computers, I always do manual computation

Kahit paano gusto ko din ng comfort kasi ako yung maghahatid ng anak ko sa school hehehe!

Anyway, for my brother, Civic na lang daw coz higher resale value and more reliable brand. At kahit na mas mahal ang Civic over Elantra or Lancer, mababawi naman daw yun sa resale value.

Mababa ba ang resale value ng Elantra?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    With Honda, you're typically paying 100k more (like-for-like, same features) so that you can retain 50k more in resale value after several years. I don't think that's a dealmaker or dealbreaker, either way.

-

I like the Elantra's 6AT. Responsive, good highway legs.

Resale, not sure. Not enough secondhand Elantras to form a consensus, yet. Or, that could be a bonus. It may mean current owners are happy with their cars and don't want to sell them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast