New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Am an FXT owner. Love the power and gas is cheap. Car is reliable and service is good (Motor Image, not Whitehorn). Only problem is the overpriced Subaru parts for the Philippines - a major concern when the warranty lapses.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Lol. I know EQ has a point on the XT variant but I have no need for speed anymore so perhaps the premium version is the most fit, not to mention the P200K difference. Though Ive read comments about scarcity of available parts for Subarus and the long turn-around time. *jut, what's your take bro?
    Bro it's true that Subaru owners have more difficulty in terms of parts replacement compared to your regular Jap brands. But for regular PMS, it shouldn't be a problem. Same with Mazda, regular PMS is hassle-free thanks to Yojin 3.

You could expect that the CRV will be the easiest to source parts for, should major things break down. My friend who has a 3-year old CRV hasn't had any problems with her casa-maintained war car. However, I think that the extra character and better drive of the Forester/CX5 is worth it over the bland but easy-to-maintain CRV.

Mas matipid din pala sa gas yung CX5 because it's smaller and has no AWD. But ultimately bro I think di ka talo either way. Both are great cars - take both for a spin and sundin mo lang puso mo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Planning to buy also, eyeing for ASX Mitsubishi.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If 'hassle-free' maintenance is very high on your priority list, then I'm guessing it's still better to stick with Toyota or Honda no matter how boring...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Bro it's true that Subaru owners have more difficulty in terms of parts replacement compared to your regular Jap brands. But for regular PMS, it shouldn't be a problem. Same with Mazda, regular PMS is hassle-free thanks to Yojin 3.

You could expect that the CRV will be the easiest to source parts for, should major things break down. My friend who has a 3-year old CRV hasn't had any problems with her casa-maintained war car. However, I think that the extra character and better drive of the Forester/CX5 is worth it over the bland but easy-to-maintain CRV.

Mas matipid din pala sa gas yung CX5 because it's smaller and has no AWD. But ultimately bro I think di ka talo either way. Both are great cars - take both for a spin and sundin mo lang puso mo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks bro jut and all! My heart goes to the CX5 but my brain is telling me it is the forester. Plus side is the dealer at BGC is very close to the office so I can just leave it for PMS and pick it up later. I think with my line of work (and my age bracket) the fozie would also complement as compared to the cx5 which is more for millenials like *jut :D. So im bitting the bullet today.
    Last edited by dreamur; February 15th, 2016 at 02:00 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Congratulations man. Go get it. What color?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Congratulations man. Go get it. What color?

Thanks. Venetian red bro.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Nice color. What was the final price including discounts? At least you have AWD. Thats extra peace of mind......

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    P1.498M after P100K discount. Usual freebies lang LTO,tint and mat. The 2.0IP has the touch screen audio, 18" wheel with 2-tone, shark fin and the electric boot lift.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Welcome to the club..

Masaya yan, wag mo lang kalimutan ilagay sa sport mode pag, walang traffic. Although di naman siya lilipad pag naka sport, pag naka I kasi talagang parang ayaw ka paalisin..hehe

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast