New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    1.5L 12V SOHC MPI 82hp...

id just take the 1.4L 12v SOHC 97hp GETZ GL.
    They actually have similar performance figures...
    I think the slightly lighter Aveo is a bit bigger than the Getz.

Aveo 1.5 LS M/T
    Max horsepower: 83 hp * 5600 rpm
    Max Torque: 128 Nm * 3000 rpm
    Curb Weight: 995 kg
    0-100 km/h: 11.9 sec
    Top speed: 170 km/h

Hyundai Getz 1.4 M/T
    Max horsepower: 95 PS (94hp) * 6000 rpm
    Max Torque: 125 Nm * 3200 rpm
    Curb Weight: 1000 kg
    0-100 km/h: 11.2 sec
    Top speed: 170 km/h
    Last edited by AG4; June 1st, 2006 at 07:25 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    compared to Getz, mas ok naman ang looks ng Aveo.
    it doesn't look cheap.

wala namang significant difference ang Getz sa aveo, performance wise.
    go for the Aveo.

most people will pick honda jazz in this market... pero maiiba talaga ang
    choice mo pag di naman kalakihan ang budget at monthly income.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Double post sorry...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SupreMacy
    most people will pick honda jazz in this market... pero maiiba talaga ang choice mo pag di naman kalakihan ang budget at monthly income.
    So true...

Ang ayaw ko lang sa Aveo yung interiors niya. Mas maganda yung sa Getz. Pero exterior-wise mas ok siya kaysa Getz..were talking about their special edition...They pimped the car and bagay na bagay yung dress up niya...

Anyways they extended their promo to June. Aveo 1.5 AT is at 679K. Lowest down 80k. Fuel injected engine and mileage in the ?? double digits in traffic... Sana may review....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Getz exterior is more practical owing to thick side door protection mouldings. Considering how careless people are in the parking lot, this is a big advantage. The plastic wheelcovers of the Aveo are not bolted on to the steel wheels as they are on the Getz. This makes theft easier. Not a problem if you get the model with alloy wheels.

The Getz interior is prettier, too. Reminds me of the VW Golf (the benchmark, small hatch in Europe). Sadly, it loses its temperature gauge this year in favor of idiot lights like on its Picanto sibling. But the head unit of the Getz should have MP3 capability by the time you read this.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup... although the head-unit is one of those anonymous types.

But considering that the current Aveo has lost a lot of features that come standard on the Getz, I prefer the Korean car... errh... I mean the Korean branded car.

And the new exterior kit of the Getz is quite a bit nicer than the initial offering.

And if you're on a real tight budget... nothing can beat the 1.1 Getz... not even the "so-stripped-down-it's-not-funny" Picanto (although I must admit, it's kinda cute).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    getz cute talaga.

euro getz.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    getz cute talaga.

euro getz.
    cute talaga yung getz. I like the Euro Ver. Pero ok din yung sa Australian Ver. Yung 3 door. But the picanto Zipp looks cute also. Too bad wala dito nito.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    according to my uncle, most chevy models in the US are always on sale. matindi din ang mga promo nila since nilalangaw sila dun. that i dont know why? imagine, you can own one w/o cash out and you'll pay after 3years pa then 5years to pay pa.

so far i dont see any good reason to own a chevy aveo or optra except for the looks and brand. imo, your better off with gets, jazz, or vios.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The car market in the US is oversaturated with different brands. And the reputation of local brands isn't so good.

Car makers really need to offer huge promos and discounts to lure buyers in. And unless your name is Toyota or Honda, those discounts can be huge.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Chevy Aveo mileage: Which is which?