New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Saw the latest review on the Chevy Aveo on C magazine, mileage citywide 11km/l and highway 13km/l...

But motioncars....says 7.8km/l

So alin ba?

Any of you guys have this ride...Ano mileage po ninyo?
    Need to know before May 31....hehehe...kelangan humabol sa promo....

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As automakers would say 'YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY'. That depends on a lot of factors.

The vehicle - production tolerances, tire pressure, etc.
    The driver - lead foot or otherwise.
    External factors - road friction, road gradient, wind, traffic conditions.

Hope that helps.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    It may vary on how you drive. Tipid ka 11km/l, harurot ka 7-8km/l.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    1.5L Carb... i bet its in the low side... i might be wrong though.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Does that apply to the Jazz too? The Aveo pala on the review is the basic version. The one the agent is offering is the special edition. The car is heavier (add on kits) 15 inch tires...Sana abot parin ng 2 digits yung mileage..

A friend of mine bought one. Ok naman, test drove it, liked the driving position and the way the car behaved. Pero di pa niya nacocompute yung mileage niya. Pero on the 1st day I think it was 7km/l pero daming harurot nun. Didnt like the interiors though, pero thats secondary, tsaka di naman ako gagamit if ever its going to be my brother. Ganda kasi ng aquisition cost niya. Lowest in the market ngayon.

Anyways Id appreciate sana if anyone got a personal review.

Thanks Otep and mfo..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pansin ko nga dumarami yan chevy aveo sa roads natin ngaun napapagkamalan ko nga jazz initially. ano yun promo? magkano ba ang isang ganito?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    not cheap. ka-presyo ng entry level chevy optra.

for that price go for the getz (much cheaper) or the jazz (about the same to more expensive).

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The problem with all the other cars kasi is mahal aquisition cost although overall kung financing ang gagamitin mo magkakapareho din silang lahat. Actually if you compute yung aveo kapareho (mas mahal ng konti jazz) ng jazz overall. Problem is to get a jazz you have to shell out about 190k e yung aveo 88k lang (free insurance free chattel).

Quite a looker...yung special edition nila....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    All cars have variable mileage depending on the factors I cited. Ford Expeditions doing 10km/L have been in local publications.

For the price of the Aveo, I'd rather get a more established Korean (e.g. Hyundai or Kia). Daewoo is not bad, but even relative to Koreans, its still doing some catching up.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd bet on the Aveo to get around 10 km/l in traffic and 14+ on the highway.

Yes, mileage does vary, a lot... and I noted that in my letter to C! before (don't know if that part got cut out) that they shouldn't mix test mileage and manufacturer's estimates in their buyer's guide. It's very misleading. I'm very irritated with Buy&Sell, as they did the same thing with their "Brand New Vans" guide a few weeks back... a move which would lead people to believe that the Hyundai Starex drinks more fuel than an E150...

One nice thing about the recent fuel runs is it validates, apparently, the fact that the newer Chevy Optras do have the recalibrated ECU, and they're getting 14 km/l on the highway. Just right for a 1.6

The Ford Focus 1.6 is getting similar numbers... validating my assertion that it would be a frugal car (despite the weight) and that it's really the automatic transmission that's to blame for the poor fuel economy of the 1.8.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Chevy Aveo mileage: Which is which?