New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ownin View Post
    e2 na i already narrowed my choice to Nissan Sentra pero medyo may conflict nanaman.. anu ba mas maganda Series 3 or Series 4?
    i've read some thread saying na mas maganda daw ang Series 3 when it comes to fuel efficiency for series 4 is mas mabigat. totoo ba ito? may idea ba kayo sa fuel efficiency ng dalawa? and i should go for super saloon right? dami kase suffix ng mga models di ko naman maintindihan i'd really love to go for series 4 becoz of the stainless colored grills na dagdag sa sophisticated looks ng Sentra. please post your opinions.. thanks in advance.

correct me if im wrong, sa pagkakaintindi ko ill look for 1.6 engine and Super Saloon right? anu ba pagkakaiba nito sa 1.4 and 1.3.. honestly im just starting to learn about cars.. i read a lot of thread dito sa Tsikot and im learning a lot.. ayaw ko lang magkamali s

Thanks sa inyo!
    What do you mean by Series 4? Is it the facelifted Series 3 with different rear fascia and the vertical chrome grille? If so, its just the same. All that's different was the facelift. Even if you get an old Series 3, you can change the panels and make it look that way.

Yes, the Super Saloon is a good variant to get. However, if you can then get the Super Touring or SE Saloon. These two are the ones that come with ABS and airbags, as far as I know.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    im on the same dilemma as the TS. so your saying na pareho lang ang series 3 and series 4.. its just the front grills ang nabago.. what about yung exalta STA, 1.6 engine din sya. same lang ba ang Fuel consumption nun? why shouldnt i consider this variant? sa 150k makakakuha ba ko 2000 model na nissan? and what model is it. and when you say SE saloon? iba ba to sa super saloon? wala pa kase ko nakikitang SE saloon.. TIA! godbless mga tsikot guru!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If yung Series 4 na sinasabi niya ay pareho dun sa iniisip ko, yes. Yung pinagkaiba ay purely cosmetic. Front grille, multireflector headlights, redesigned bumpers and taillights lang ang binago at may dagdag ata na driver side airbag for the Super Saloon. Yung Exalta STA siguro medyo mataas taas pa sa 150k. Marami siyang mga luxury features pero at the core its basically still a B14 Sentra. Yun nga lang yung suspension niya is tuned for comfort and so handling is a bit neglected dun sa Exalta. Engine is still the GA16 unit. AFAIK, yung SE Saloon is the top of the line ng Series 3. I haven't seen this one yet either, or if I have, didn't notice since it looks exactly like the Super Saloon but with ABS and, I think, 4 wheel disc brakes. Here are more information: motioncars.com | Drives | Warp Speed Transport: Nissan Sentra Super Saloon (1995)

I think this one is an SE Saloon (notice the badging at the rear: Super Saloon an may dagdag na SE sa itaas, and it has a different steering wheel): http://www.**************/index.php/...ntra+SE+Saloon (Sulit ID 4158963 kung sakali hindi lumabas ang link)

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    gotcha.. salamat.. reply ka sa iba thread ko nag reply kase ako sayo GTi.. salamat.. im choosing between Nissan and City 98 di kase nagkakalayo model at price nila ng sentra. thanks

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Go with the Lancer CB (Itlog GLXi). It has the right power and fuel economy. There are lots of parts available and there are mitsu/lancer clubs that will help you maintain your car properly.

6. Join Date
    May 2019
    Hi everyone! I'm new to Tsikot and I wanna start a thread about the kia pride CD5, kung reliable pa ba siya up to this year (2019) cause I'm planning to buy one mainly for the reason for its fuel consumption. I don't know how to start a thread so I replied to this. Hopefully somebody might notice this and reply. It would be a really great help! Thanks Tsikot!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    You will spend more on repairs than on gas, so in the end... If tipid is what you are after, you will end up with a headache instead.

This model was the 1st gen Kia before they improved on their quality.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopdrei View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new to Tsikot and I wanna start a thread about the kia pride CD5, kung reliable pa ba siya up to this year (2019) cause I'm planning to buy one mainly for the reason for its fuel consumption. I don't know how to start a thread so I replied to this. Hopefully somebody might notice this and reply. It would be a really great help! Thanks Tsikot!
    what's your budget, po?
    kasi, with cars this old, the costs to make the necessary repairs to make the car road-worthy... baka dumoble gastos nyo...

today's mini cars are matipid naman.. better than 10 km/liter, if traffic is not too bad...
    Last edited by dr. d; May 9th, 2019 at 01:41 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    These cars are pretty old and worn out to get as a primary car and especially if you want to save on gas.

I would get one though but as a project car for weekends.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopdrei View Post
    I own a Kia Pride sedan with an automatic transmission before, yes it is quite thrifty, but as others would have recommended, you can save on gas but not on parts. First off, the engine is not bullet proof, having the carburetor type, it needs the frequent cleaning or PM. Second is the suspension, which emits undesirable sound going thru potholes even if you replaced everything! third is the AC, which cannot keep up with our Arabian climate. Though admittedly, I still miss that car. I like its cute stance and the shape is still acceptable (to me) even if its an old car. If I would chose to buy a real thrifty car with few bucks to spend, I think I would go for the Alto instead. Not saying its the best choice, but given the budget and the if the fuel saving capabilities is your option, then the Alto is considerable (of course its smaller than the Pride).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Charade or Pride? Considering also Corolla, Lancer, or Sentra [edit]