New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What is the most prestigious car to have?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Audi A4

7 8.75%
  • BMW 3 Series

18 22.50%
  • Jaguar X-Type

18 22.50%
  • Lexus IS200

6 7.50%
  • Mercedes-Benz C Class

30 37.50%
  • VW Passat

1 1.25%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If you're driving it, BMW, but if you're the passenger, Mercedes.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    If by presige you mean exclusivity and rarity, you can't beat a C class BEnz and Jaguar. Yes the C class is way more expensive than a Jag, but what they both have in common is that they are prestigious marks in low quantities in the country.

The Jag may share a platform with a Ford Tauras, but what does the common man know about that besides he sees it less often than a BMW 3 series?

same with the C class.

If you are talking about an enthusiasts point of view though, Benz and BMW are tied for pretige with Jag and Audi following.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero33
    The Jag may share a platform with a Ford Tauras, but what does the common man know about that besides he sees it less often than a BMW 3 series?
    the point is, with ford platforms jaguar is now both cheaper and mass-produced, putting them in the hands of more people and lessening the exclusivity.

5 years ago the cheapest jag was $80k. now you can get an x-type (aka the ford contour) for less than half of that.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    I think depende kung saang bansa. Sa UK mas prestigious ang dating ng Jaguar kung image ang pag-uusapan. Napaka-common ng mga Mercs and BMs. Almost matatanda kasi ang mga naka Jaguar.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    in the Philippines.. iba talaga pag sinabing CHEDENG di ba! Hands down Benz ako.. kung may Rolls Royce baka magbago pa isip ko..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    a vw is just about as prestigious as a honda, no offense to anyone
    ugh, i am very much offended by this comment...
    how dare you compare the VWs to Hondas???

but then again, i'm just kidding.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    so what about the VW Phaeton? :D

+1 to squala's comments.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Benz
    BMW
    Audi
    Jag
    VW

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    so what about the VW Phaeton? :D
    well, that's why it's not selling. great car, but VW is not a premium enough brand (yet) to demand about USD 100k for a car. imho, they should have badged the thing as an Audi - that's exactly why they own that brand in the first place.

don't get me wrong guys, i'm not putting down VW (i'm a former VW owner myself - '99 Jetta VR6, which i gave to my brother, who took over the payments). i'm simply saying that in europe and north america, it's one of the most recognized brands for economy and reliability - but not prestige. perhaps it's different in the philippines. our Jetta was a wonderful car, but it competed against the Camry, Accord and Galant...not the 3-series or C-class.

even the name means "people's car" in german...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    how about a bentley continental gt? now thats..prestigious.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Which car is the most prestigious