New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    If you'd get the GLS, get black ! Hahaha. Else, get anything except black. White preferably. Para litaw yung panoramic sunroof !
    Same thinking din ako, so kung bibili ako ng Sonata with my own money black yun. Pero kung sa can afford, get the white GLS premium.
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot View Post
    Hyundai Tucson Premium yun katulad kay *SG, pang lady exec yun
    For me pang-guy ung Tucson Premium. Sobrang daming features and gadgets na di naman magagamit masyado ng married woman. Tsaka parang sobrang tulin for a married woman.

(stereotypical sensya na)
    Last edited by eljo3025; April 13th, 2011 at 03:02 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sonata gets my vote...

OT... ayaw mo check yung 2011 Subaru Forester 2.0.. newer engine...
    Last edited by imperialv; April 13th, 2011 at 07:19 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The CX7, in our testing, was as good as or slightly better than our 2.4 CR-V. Since the CR-V is RealTime AWD, it isn't in AWD all the time, so fuel efficiency isn't so badly compromised as you may think.

The CX7 was definitely better than the Sorento 2.4, which has the same engine as the Sonata... I believe the Sonata, being lighter than the Sorento, should have the same efficiency as the CX7 or better.

Tucson CRDi fuel efficiency is slightly better (about 8.5 km/l versus 7 km/l in the same traffic) but it should be even more economical on the highway and has more overtaking "oomph". Only thing is the CX7 feels more "premium" in terms of material quality and space. The Tucson is okay, but cargo room is lacking for a crossover.

-

The X-Trail 2.5 is interesting. Great engine, great CVT, decent ride (a bit truckish, but not uncomfortable) and lots of space in the trunk. If you don't mind the dated styling, then it's worth a test-drive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot View Post
    Hyundai Tucson Premium yun katulad kay *SG, pang lady exec yun
    Baka masyadong mahal yun para sa budget......

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    the tucson premium is just 1.6M... so very near budget... i just dont like it...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007

Hahahaha. Someone might get mad, pero oo nga. It looks dull in white.
    Parang si Boybi may white CX-7 ah?

If you'd get the GLS, get black ! Hahaha. Else, get anything except black. White preferably. Para litaw yung panoramic sunroof !
    Mas maganda yung Hyper Metallic or Remington Red sa Premium, sobrang dami na kasi ng puti. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by krinkx View Post
    the tucson premium is just 1.6M... so very near budget... i just dont like it...
    Yep, 1.598M yung Theta II Premium. Personal preference lang yan

At ayaw ko rin na dumami kami. Hahahaha

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    OT... ayaw mo check yung 2011 Subaru Forester 2.0.. newer engine...
    thanks for the suggestion bro... if i will be the one to drive this regularly, i would definitely consider this hehe... esp the 2.5 turbo version... kaso, my wife might not be able to appreciate the awd, handling and all even if i will explain the features to her... hehe...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    You might have a hard time getting test drives on the Sonata though. Ako pinarefer pa ako all the way sa Makati just for the drive

In the end, took the leap of faith and bought it without test driving it (I test drove the Mz6, Camry, and Accord though). Di naman ako disappointed.

Driving
    Mz6 > Accord/Sonata > Camry

Based on comfort, ibaliktad mo nalang yun comparison. Camry's very floaty, not much fun to drive and running 80km/h while eerily silent is a weird feeling to have.

Accord has nice handling. Better than the Sonata on a personal preference. I think it's the best comparison against the Sonata. The Sonata has an edge on: it's ***y vs boring and that it's new with more toys chucked in.

Malapit na rin yun Mazda6 but I bought a mid-size car since "sawa" na ako sa road noise ng Mazda3 but I didn't like the feeling inside the Camry. Problem with Mz6 is that it's underspec'd considering the competition and... I actually LIKED the old one better. Do I miss the Mazda3's handling? Yes.

The Sonata's handling isn't sharp per se. It's not like the Mz3 where the sterring is razor sharp. Konting galaw lang is translated into wheel movement..etc. and it's not like the Civic FD either. If I can slot it between the Honda Civic, between FD and ES siya. ES is quite comfortable to drive, but I found that I can nudge the wheel right and left without it translating into motion.

On a money-perspective of the Sonata GLS vs Premium, I would say na... it's worth the upgrade. Push-start is a very nice feature if you're coming from a traditional turn-key and it's one of the niceys passengers automatically see and complement.

Panoramic sunroof is another plus, REALLY gives a premium feel to it. But the best upgrade would be the smart key. Hahaha.. aliw-na-aliw ako sa remote. I sometimes forget that it's in my pocket and tops the list of convenience features.

BUT, one thing that the Sonata sucks is its stock sound system. As in, it sucks. Period. Upgrading, however, is another thing. The dash layout gives it a nice potential due to its design.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; April 14th, 2011 at 01:48 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wondering if you add an amp, without touching anything. Would the speakers sing better? It might be that the stereo is so underpowered.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by krinkx View Post
    thanks for the suggestion bro... if i will be the one to drive this regularly, i would definitely consider this hehe... esp the 2.5 turbo version... kaso, my wife might not be able to appreciate the awd, handling and all even if i will explain the features to her... hehe...
    Dahil mo sa motor image.. para makita .. sabihin mo din na 6 airbags... ang subaru kahit 2.0 lang...

car for a lady executive (1.5M)