New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    can you suggest a car for a lady executive with a budget of 1.5M...

we are initially looking at the following:

1. hyundai sonata premium
    2. hyundai santa fe (4x2)
    3. toyota camry 2.4
    4. montero vgt 4x2
    5. mitsubishi asx 4x2
    6. nissan xtrail cvt 4x2

must buy on or before june...

the lady (wifey) is leaning towards either the sonata or santa fe... she will be alone most of the time (i will be borrowing it from time to time but i love my truck so much hehe, btw, we have two grade schoolers)... but future releases of these cars might be near kaya medyo di ko sure...

meron din regular out of town trips on weekends...

sa akin, i prefer a diesel sana para matipid at malakas kaya either santa fe or montero vgt... (nope, di ko "na" type ang tucson hehe)... pero may gas allowance naman siya...

thanks...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Mitsubishi ASX GLS 4x2

It has an external look that is really nice to look at. The ride is comfortable but not too soft. Handling is good with only a minimum yawing at moderate speeds. The interior material feels good with textured dashboard material. Seats five adults comfortably with spacious leg and headroom. Cargo space is not the biggest but still big enough for a weekend trip.

Comes with a 2DIN audio/video touch-screen headunit that is iPod compatible as well as having AUX-IN, USB ports and DVD.

BTW, the driver's seat can be adjusted vertically so if you wifey is short, the seat can compensate. The same if you are tall, you can adjust the seat down.

Price List:
    http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/u...tMarch2011.jpg
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 12th, 2011 at 11:58 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hyundai Sonata Premium! This car is the most executive-worthy among your choices. I'd suggest you get one in white or silver so the contrast with the glass roof will be clearly seen like in the Jaguar XJ. And since gas mileage is not a problem, then all the more reason to get it! Its a head turner everywhere it goes, even in hotel driveways and parking lots. There will not be a high class gathering where it will feel out of place.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Si GH bias nanaman

Hyundai Sonata Premium for me. Since may gas allowance. Blend of sport and luxury.

Nakapag-drive na ako ng Sonata, sayang at Tucson pa nabili ko........

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hyundai Sonata Premium. In white please.

When the lady pulls off at the entrance door of the meeting, for sure she will get the people asking ... " hey ! nice car, how much is that ? for sure it costs a lot ! "

However, if she pulls off in a camry she will get this attention na parang ...

" camry nanaman ?!?!?! "

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Si GH bias nanaman
    Love your own. hehehe!

But seriously, it would depend on the wifey's preference for sedans or SUV/CUVs.

Hyundai Sonata Premium for me. Since may gas allowance. Blend of sport and luxury.
    The Hyundai Sonata 2.4L Premium is a great car but the TS also said they would be taking the vehicle for out-of-town trips. Also that vehicle will be doing the school run with their two grade school kids.

I would think the Sonata might not fit the requirements.

Nakapag-drive na ako ng Sonata, sayang at Tucson pa nabili ko........
    Same here. I have driven the Sonata since last year. It is much better than the Camry, inside and outside. I just hate the cheap hard plastic backs of the front seats.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 12th, 2011 at 12:17 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hard choices since it's a mix of sedan and suv.

For sedan, either sonata premium or 2.5L Teana.
    For SUV, Sta. Fe or Xtrail CVT.

You should separate both categories because the driving experience is very different for sedan and suv. Ladies look better in sedan especially with a driver IMO. But the height advantage of SUV's is a necessity for me.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    How much is the X-Trail X-Tronic 4WD? Maganda rin yun na CUV.

Or yun nga, Santa Fe tapos white..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Since may out of town trips, CUV/SUV dapat. Diesel din would be good for FE so either SF or MS for me.

But since lady driven, parang mas madali egress-ingress sa SF. Pero kung yung out of town trips ay kung saan-saan, mabuti na yung mataas clearance, MS.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    How much is the X-Trail X-Tronic 4WD? Maganda rin yun na CUV.

Or yun nga, Santa Fe tapos white..

The X-Trail 2.5L 4x4 CVT = P1.5M

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
car for a lady executive (1.5M)