New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Eh si bro. krinx meron din naman isa pang sasakyan so hindi naman siguro problema ang out of town trips and sending two grade schoolers to school. The Sonata is a 5 seater sedan naman with a large trunk and not a coupe. So a family of four should not be a problem. And since bro. krinx mentioned car for a lady executive then I suppose porma is quite important and none of the choices matches the Sonata in this aspect. But if he wants more space and will be taking it out of town frequently and/or tag a lot of people then the Santa Fe it is.

Just a side thought, if he will be importing a black Kia Optima for himself and a white Sonata for his wife ang ganda ng dating at sabay sila lumabas ng garahe a la Mr. and Mrs. Smith

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Since may out of town trips, CUV/SUV dapat. Diesel din would be good for FE so either SF or MS for me.

But since lady driven, parang mas madali egress-ingress sa SF. Pero kung yung out of town trips ay kung saan-saan, mabuti na yung mataas clearance, MS.
    Hindi na rin naman nagkakalayo ang ground clearance ng Santa Fe at Montero Sport.

Kung babae ang magdadala, mas ok ang Santa Fe, mas maiksi. Yung sister ko nalalakihan sa Montero Sport namin dati. Kaya nung bumili ng SF, natuwa rin. Pati ako natuwa, Comfortable talaga, mabilis pa, tahimik pa.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The X-Trail 2.5L 4x4 CVT = P1.5M
    Yan ang sakto sa budget nila.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    How much is the X-Trail X-Tronic 4WD? Maganda rin yun na CUV.

Or yun nga, Santa Fe tapos white..
    Alam ko P1.550M yun Xtrail 4WD. May promo rin yata Nissan ngayon with financing.

So far wala pa rin makatapat sa Sta Fe, not even yun Sorento or the new Montero. Narrow talaga Montero compared sa Fortuner and Sta Fe.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    for me..

Sedan - SONATA Premium
    CUV - ASX GLS SE (since ayaw mo ng Tucson..hehehe)
    SUV - Sta Fe

pero kung may pera ako lahat yan bibilhin ko...jk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pajoz View Post
    for me..

Sedan - SONATA Premium
    SUV - Sta Fe

pero kung may pera ako lahat yan bibilhin ko...jk
    *bold : Dapat Sorento yan. Hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Santa Fe na...

My mom is borrowing my Santa Fe on a permanent basis! She loves it kaya halos di ko na magamit-gamit. Pero it was intended for her naman eh as a gift back in 2008...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Pajoz View Post
    for me..

Sedan - SONATA Premium
    SUV - Sta Fe

The ASX GLS (4x2) is better than the GLS SE (4x4) in fuel economy.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    If you're willing to add more, why not add the Kia Sorento on your list. The Montero Sport GTV is ok but the wifey might have a hard time driving this truck based suv.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    thanks sa lahat ng comments... just to clear things up...

the two kids are with me and i will hatid-sundo the kids... she will be assigned to another province and that will require the weekend "out-of-town" travels... either us going to her new place or her coming home during weekends...

most likely, we will be using the new car when we will go somewhere as a family... since we dont want to have a cash out, we will stick to the max benefit of 1.5M to 1.6M... so definitely, the sorento, as good as it is, is out (the price is quite ridiculously high anyway hehe)...

i personally like the xtrail pag cuv... santa fe pag suv and sonta pag sedan... honestly, i dont even know what she prefers... parang ang dating eh "kaw na mamili, kaw kasi ang lalaki" hehehehe... typical... but she mentioned that the sonata and santa fe are nice daw...

i will keep you posted when we have a decision already (of course, with pix hehe)

as of now, she (including me) is still confused...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    My advice is to test drive your choices one by one with your wife and kids. No amount of opinion in this forum can explain the driving experience you want with your wife and kids. But based on your new schedule, sedan should be the least of your choices for practical purposes.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
car for a lady executive (1.5M)