New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Yung Honda City pwede, if you don't mind its large population on the streets. Hindi ko gaano ka gusto ang Altis, especially kung 1.6 ang hanap mo. Kung gusto mo talaga ng Altis, siguro 2nd hand 1.8 variant nalang. And yes, yung agree ako sa Focus TDCi, since hindi ganoon ka rami sa daan at maganda ang performance and fuel economy. Huwag na natin ipag-isipan ang laging sinasabing mahal na maintenance. IMHO na-overblown ang issue na 'yon, every few months ka lang naman magma-maintenance, at marami na tayong natipid sa gasolina especially kung mahaba ang daily route.

thank you sa info sir.. so mas fuel efficient ang Honda City compare to toyota altis... tama ba nakita ko sa spec na 120HP ang 1.5 honda city at 109HP ang altis 1.6? in terms of power i dont think malaki difference nila..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Yung Honda City pwede, if you don't mind its large population on the streets. Hindi ko gaano ka gusto ang Altis, especially kung 1.6 ang hanap mo. Kung gusto mo talaga ng Altis, siguro 2nd hand 1.8 variant nalang. And yes, yung agree ako sa Focus TDCi, since hindi ganoon ka rami sa daan at maganda ang performance and fuel economy. Huwag na natin ipag-isipan ang laging sinasabing mahal na maintenance. IMHO na-overblown ang issue na 'yon, every few months ka lang naman magma-maintenance, at marami na tayong natipid sa gasolina especially kung mahaba ang daily route.
    ask ko lang if you dont mind ano hindi niyo gusto sa 1.6 variant ng altis?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Altis 1.6G A/T is 60kg heavier than the City and has a deficit of 11 horses. Add to that the added gear in the City's A/T, you get a better performing and more fuel efficient car in the City. Also, the City, being top of the line, has more toys and safety features as compared to the G grade Altis. But why don't you also look at the other options in the market?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    The Altis 1.6G A/T is 60kg heavier than the City and has a deficit of 11 horses. Add to that the added gear in the City's A/T, you get a better performing and more fuel efficient car in the City. Also, the City, being top of the line, has more toys and safety features as compared to the G grade Altis. But why don't you also look at the other options in the market?
    actually i am looking for more option like Livina, innova and others... as my height is 5'11 medyo... Salamat talaga sa info sir malaki tulong sa decision ko...
    May iba po kayo mag rerecomend sir

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ah matangkad... Stay away from subcompacts then. Which reminds me... We do have an acquaintance in our church who is both huge horizontally and vertically. And yet his current car is a GW Cool Bear and his previous car was a Hyundai Atos! :rofl: For 650k, I suggest you look for the Kia Carens CRDi, Hyundai Starex GRX CRDi, Ford Focus 2.0TDCi or dagdag ng konti and get the Kia Carnival CRDi.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sorry OT

accent hindi naiiwanan ng 320d at ng focus TDCi?!? hahaha astig. haha

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Ah matangkad... Stay away from subcompacts then. Which reminds me... We do have an acquaintance in our church who is both huge horizontally and vertically. And yet his current car is a GW Cool Bear and his previous car was a Hyundai Atos! :rofl: For 650k, I suggest you look for the Kia Carens CRDi, Hyundai Starex GRX CRDi, Ford Focus 2.0TDCi or dagdag ng konti and get the Kia Carnival CRDi.

actually sir i try vios but no offense sa mga may vios masyado maliit talaga sa akin feeling bump car ung dinadrive ko hehehe nasa research stage palang naman ako hopefuly end of this makabili na ako

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    sorry OT

accent hindi naiiwanan ng 320d at ng focus TDCi?!? hahaha astig. haha

hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    if you're not doing any drag racing, a second hand Altis 1.6G A/T is a good choice. Never mind the less than stellar output from the engine, the Altis makes up for it by being the lightest compact car in its class. (also more efficient than the 5AT civic)

if you're not doing too much highway driving the extra 5th gear isn't much of an advantage.

it's bigger than the city (which is about as big as the vios which you found cramped), more comfortable, and maintenance isn't an issue. Maraming maraming maraming parts ang altis.

the thing that I don't like about it is that the engine needs an oil change every 5k, even if you use fully synthetic oils. The engine tends to build up sludge if the oil change interval is pushed to 10k (even with fully synthetic oils).

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by red baron View Post
    Mga sir, if will get a second hand car what i should keep in mind?
    you should keep in mind that you are going to inherit the problems of the previous owner.

i will suggest you add more moolah and get a brand new one. ofcourse, you cannot get all the features you will want for the money.

1. manual tranny, space and style, get a honda jazz. the sports already has a body kit with bigger wheels; i am still scratching my head how the car looks bigger than a honda civic.

2. performance, seriously, are you ever going to race? remember, you are on a budget. if you want performance, double the amount and you will get it.

3. comfort - you will get what you pay for.

4. fuel consumption - honda jazz is a gas sipper. but no matter how gas efficient the car is, the fuel consumption still varies depending on the driving habit, traffic, and the usage of AC. don't be fooled by marketing of individual companies, they all depend on the items i stated.

if you are worried about depreciation, well, you should not, unless you are going to sell your car in 3 or 4 years time. that's the only time you will be hit by it.

i can only suggest for you to buy a honda car, for all my cars are made by honda. reliability-wise, they are pretty damn reliable. the only thing is, the AC is not as good as other cars'.

good luck!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Buying car 650K budget