New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by krinkx View Post
    i wasnt there so i wouldnt know... my guess would be as good as anyone (it may even be as good as your 3 reasons)... but if you will go to the succeeding replies to the same thread... you will read accent going 200 kph even outgunning a ford focus tdci and a few others... is that not fast enough? if you ask me, that is VERY FAST... the evo can eat it whole, twice even... but it is still VERY FAST...

chow
    lots of modern cars can go 200kph the only difference will be how fast it can reach 200kph. also another differnece is would be is how stable the car will be once it gets to that speed. an innova can reach 190kph but at that speed nakakatakot na it feels like one wrong move you'll crash and the engine sounds like it's about to explode while cars like the evo/sti/gc/wrx/legacy can go 200kph and feel like the car is only cruising. being fast is not just about top speed.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Kung straight resale probably not since the compact has a higher price anyway and since you bought it 1 year old it was already depreciated so mas mataas ang value ng compact na yun... Unless that compact is a Sentra or Lancer Cedia and the subcompact is a Jazz then still the subcompact wins!

Just for clarification if i understand it correct if i will but one year olf HONDA CIVIC it will have a higher Resale value againts a BNew Honda city after 5 years.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by red baron View Post
    maliban po sa reliability mga sir maganda ba if ever yung Resale Value ng Accent?
    if you want high resale value cars, go for Toyota and Honda period. hanap ka nga lang ng swak sa budget mo.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by red baron View Post
    Just for clarification if i understand it correct if i will but one year olf HONDA CIVIC it will have a higher Resale value againts a BNew Honda city after 5 years.
    The City will have higher resale than a 3rd hand Civic... And sub compacts in general have higher resale than compacts...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    you really believe that a mere 110hp car that goes 0-100kmh in 25-30seconds can keep up with a 300hp car made only to go fast on or off road that goes 0-100kmh in less than 5 seconds? before the accent can even reach 100kmh the evo can finish a 1/4mile drag strip twice since it's 1/4mile time is 13 seconds.
    Hindi naman siguro 25-30 seconds ang 0-100km/h time niya... L300 na yata yun eh! :rofl: Perhaps around 8-9 seconds for an unmodified Accent. Now... I would really want to see what an Accent with suspension mods, Brembo brakes and a Unichip along with alcohol injection can do. :devil:

I really recommend the diesel Accent. The lack of safety features is fine with me. We all lived through the cars of the 80s and the early 90s didn't we? You just need to know how much the suspension and brakes can take when taking it all out on the highway.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The City will have higher resale than a 3rd hand Civic... And sub compacts in general have higher resale than compacts...

thank you sir for the clarification. I was thinking that the car Depreciation is larger in the first two years. i wasn't able to consider that i 3rd hand hehehe

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Mga sir, if will get a second hand car what i should keep in mind?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ford focus TDCi!! tapos pearl white.. ahh sarap..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    i am thinking second hand toyota altis G variant or honda city 1.5...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yung Honda City pwede, if you don't mind its large population on the streets. Hindi ko gaano ka gusto ang Altis, especially kung 1.6 ang hanap mo. Kung gusto mo talaga ng Altis, siguro 2nd hand 1.8 variant nalang. And yes, yung agree ako sa Focus TDCi, since hindi ganoon ka rami sa daan at maganda ang performance and fuel economy. Huwag na natin ipag-isipan ang laging sinasabing mahal na maintenance. IMHO na-overblown ang issue na 'yon, every few months ka lang naman magma-maintenance, at marami na tayong natipid sa gasolina especially kung mahaba ang daily route.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Buying car 650K budget