New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    An RX350 isn't that great. But it's definitely a better value than the X3 or Q5.

Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    You may reason out that a car = impression to a client = done deal but the latter equation is a logical fallacy of wishful thinking.
    Yup.

If it's for business purposes, you're either telling the client you're too rich to care about how much the vehicle costs or that you're not a practical businessperson. So it could go either way.

Many of the more successful businessmen do ride around in SUVs, but more likely Expeditions, Suburbans or Landcruisers (ika nga, "bang for buck") rather than the more ostentatious. This tells their business partners and clientele that they're well-off but not wasteful with their cash. That's a better image to project.

Of course, if you want to project an image, you're not projecting as good an image with an X3, Q5 or GLK... that just tells them you couldn't afford an X5, Q7 or GL... better to get a top-of-the-line Japanese or American vehicle than to settle for a cramped and overpriced German...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Many of the more successful businessmen do ride around in SUVs, but more likely Expeditions, Suburbans or Landcruisers (ika nga, "bang for buck") rather than the more ostentatious. This tells their business partners and clientele that they're well-off but not wasteful with their cash. That's a better image to project.

Of course, if you want to project an image, you're not projecting as good an image with an X3, Q5 or GLK... that just tells them you couldn't afford an X5, Q7 or GL... better to get a top-of-the-line Japanese or American vehicle than to settle for a cramped and overpriced German...
    I totally agree with this one. My boss earns millions of pesos monthly but only rides a trooper or hie new ride, MS. Minsan Hilux. That tells you that they became rich by being frugal and wise in money investment.

Plus if he ever buys an expensive SUV daw, yung TOTL na BMW X5 na daw with full options para hindi sabihing nagtipid pa siya eh milyones na rin lang naman din daw presyo!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Sarap ng ganong problema, kailan kaya ako mag kaka problema ng ganyan

may mga ganyang problema din ako before pero line up ko puro asian SUV lang... 3rd world SUV ika nga ng iba

Pero cayenne ako dito (fastest SUV), pero kung X5, bimmer ako, kung Q7 audi ako.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yes, iba pa rin ang dating ng top of the line na Japanese or American vehicle than an entry-model German that's obviously small, cramped & odd-looking ( - for some units )

But then again, a BMW will forever be a BMW & a Toyota will still be a Toyota. Some people look at the brand while some look at the variants.

For some you may get the you're-poor-since-you-have-an-entry-level-bimmer reaction while for some, especially those who cannot appreciate Japanese or American-made SUV's you get the oh-nice-he-owns-a-bimmer reaction.

Personally, I'd like to see businessmen on big & top of the line Jap/US SUV's rather than seeing them on entry model europeans.

There's one family friend of ours who owns a bimmer, pero 1-series lang & base ... I always wanted to tell him that why buy a bimmer when you cannot afford the higher models ? Heck his 1-series rolls on hubcaps for God's sake.

Ondoy came, the 1-series was flooded and was eventually replaced with a Dodge Durango TOTL. Now that's more like it. BIG alloys. Bad-ass looks & great interior space. And yes, he also owns a TOTL Ford Expedition ...

Seriously, it's better if you're driving a black Suburban or Tahoe than be seen in an X3. It's not that the latter is bad, it's just that .. something big & something black will always look good. Unless of course, you're talking about a Chinese vehicle which has no appeal at all. :hysterical:

That ? ... or

This ?

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    I know most of my dads friends... some of them are simple... in short "Practical"
    BUT not all of them are...

face the fact that there are so much possibilities.
    "Not all rich men live simple lives" and "Not all poor people act poor"
    so on and so forth.....

--- "You only live once, so live your life to the fullest"
    --- "Why would you earn such money if you cant enjoy it"

Words of a WISE MAN or a FOOL

Now pick your side because there is NO WRONG ANSWER

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Like he said, the TS is still the "young" dad probably just a decade past quarter-life crisis, whose preferences most likely fall on the mid-size automobile category. With the money, you can't blame him to look at the German badges!

They say you'd only want those big American SUVs as you approach mid-life!

Among the choices, the Cayenne for me!

But I'm better off seen in an X5 anytime!

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hmm... actually im really young "21"... and my wife is "25" and i have a 2 month old baby

So a compact SUV is just right for us... for a small family...
    i dont trust drivers thats why i drive the car myself...
    land cruisers, expe etc too large for me to drive..

Anyone got an idea whens the RR Evoque gonna be released?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You may say that the size is just right, but trust me, when you have the baby with you in a proper baby seat and the stroller and baby stuff in the back (bottles, diapers, sterilizer, etcetera), you'll realize some of these "compact" European crossovers are not just compact... they're cramped. You'll get better space out of a plain-jane CRV or a "compact" car.

For wifey and kid, I wouldn't suggest an X3... though I don't know if the current one rides as badly as the old one, the old X3 was one of the most uncomfortable vehicles I've ever driven.

If it's a car you're going to drive yourself, but will need to cart around baby stuff in, stick to a midsizer. Of your original choices, the Q5 will most likely do.

No idea about the Evoque, but it's bound to be a long ways down the line. You might want to look at the Range Rover Sport, it's a great looking, great driving car, not too big, but with great room inside.

The Q7/Cayenne cars are rather on the large side... though the Cayenne doesn't feel that big to drive. The X5 is just right in terms of in-city manageability. The X6 is silly, but damn is it a hoot to drive... has great trunk space, too. You can get your sportscar and family car all-in-one with the X6.

-

Down the rungs, the RX-series is big enough, but just lacks in the "posh" area compared to the Europeans... though the RX-hybrid is very comfortable, very entertaining and very frugal. Still, the extra you pay for the hybrid model isn't reflected in the interior materials. The Volvo XC60 gives you much of what a Q5 or GLK has to offer for much less money, and is available in diesel. Still not quite up to Audi interior quality, but a little better than an RX.

-

If you're willing to go lower, there are some excellent Japanese/Korean vehicles in the sub-3m range. The CX9 has always been a favorite of mine. It's large, but it drives like a much smaller car. And it's got the "bling" and exclusivity factor plus a kick-ass V6.

The current Pajero is very car-like in the way it drives, and it's available in diesel, to boot.

The Murano is the most compact of this group, but rear seat space is good, the ride is great, the transmission is smooth and interior quality is surprisingly nice for a Nissan. (comparable even to the Lexus RX, I'd say)

-

Don't limit your choices to the usual. Shop around. There are many cars that may surprise you. You may find that you can get BOTH what you want and what you need from something with a surprisingly small price tag compared to what you're looking at.
    Last edited by niky; May 3rd, 2011 at 01:03 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You may say that the size is just right, but trust me, when you have the baby with you in a proper baby seat and the stroller and baby stuff in the back (bottles, diapers, sterilizer, etcetera), you'll realize some of these "compact" European crossovers are not just compact... they're cramped. You'll get better space out of a plain-jane CRV or a "compact" car.

For wifey and kid, I wouldn't suggest an X3... though I don't know if the current one rides as badly as the old one, the old X3 was one of the most uncomfortable vehicles I've ever driven.

If it's a car you're going to drive yourself, but will need to cart around baby stuff in, stick to a midsizer. Of your original choices, the Q5 will most likely do.

No idea about the Evoque, but it's bound to be a long ways down the line. You might want to look at the Range Rover Sport, it's a great looking, great driving car, not too big, but with great room inside.

The Q7/Cayenne cars are rather on the large side... though the Cayenne doesn't feel that big to drive. The X5 is just right in terms of in-city manageability. The X6 is silly, but damn is it a hoot to drive... has great trunk space, too. You can get your sportscar and family car all-in-one with the X6.

-

Down the rungs, the RX-series is big enough, but just lacks in the "posh" area compared to the Europeans... though the RX-hybrid is very comfortable, very entertaining and very frugal. Still, the extra you pay for the hybrid model isn't reflected in the interior materials. The Volvo XC60 gives you much of what a Q5 or GLK has to offer for much less money, and is available in diesel. Still not quite up to Audi interior quality, but a little better than an RX.

-

If you're willing to go lower, there are some excellent Japanese/Korean vehicles in the sub-3m range. The CX9 has always been a favorite of mine. It's large, but it drives like a much smaller car. And it's got the "bling" and exclusivity factor plus a kick-ass V6.

The current Pajero is very car-like in the way it drives, and it's available in diesel, to boot.

The Murano is the most compact of this group, but rear seat space is good, the ride is great, the transmission is smooth and interior quality is surprisingly nice for a Nissan. (comparable even to the Lexus RX, I'd say)

-

Don't limit your choices to the usual. Shop around. There are many cars that may surprise you. You may find that you can get BOTH what you want and what you need from something with a surprisingly small price tag compared to what you're looking at.
    Best reply ever... hehehe.... i test drove the cayenne... it rides like a sedan, you wont feel the weight of the body... thats why i liked it...

hmmm the q5 and Rx seems to have everything and would fit us perfectly... i liked the service of lexus... i bumped my IS to a post with only minor damage, they only asked 2,500 pesos and they replaced the whole bumper talk about value for money....

just have to wait a few months to get the updated version of the q5 though...
    but also exact timing with the release of evoque...

thanks for the comment.. ruled out x3, my neighbor has an x6... it looks very good and has a very strong stance... ill consider the x6 and RX...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Wow~ Ang sarap ng problema mo ah. For this I'd suggest the Audi Q7. AFAIK the Q7, Cayenne and the Touareg are cousins am I right? And among the three I like the Q7's looks the most. Perhaps you can have PGA import the 340ps/760Nm 4.2V8 TDi variant here? This way you get to enjoy the power and also the fuel efficiency and robustness of a diesel engine.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
BMW, AUDI, or PORSCHE Help...