New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Oh my, 21 palang that's 2 years older than me. Good luck on the family management bro! Peeps always say that the kids would make your hair grow gray. Kidding.

The Cayenne and Toareg shared the same chassis AFAIK. Not sure with the facelifted Cayenne though.. it might be the other way around.

I think, since you won't mind spending the money, that the Cayenne would be best. Eventhough you're feeling more like a dad than a teenage kid now, you'll still have those "urges" to floor the pedal. And since the newer X5 is late to arrive, the Cayenne still has Porsche's heritage for speed, excellent reliability based on JD Powers Reports, and the interior's a striking replica of the Panamera. I'd dig that.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ayan. He considered the X6.

*Niky : Doesn't the X6 ''allow'' only 4 people to sit inside the cabin making it quite impractical ?

*TS : Lexus Lx570 nalang ...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Cayenne or Rx350 na yan.

Space? Why not a jeepney? :hysterical:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    Cayenne or Rx350 na yan.

Space? Why not a jeepney? :hysterical:
    Tell that to Niky who said ...
    You may say that the size is just right, but trust me, when you have the baby with you in a proper baby seat and the stroller and baby stuff in the back (bottles, diapers, sterilizer, etcetera), you'll realize some of these "compact" European crossovers are not just compact... they're cramped. You'll get better space out of a plain-jane CRV or a "compact" car.
    ;)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Ayan. He considered the X6.

*Niky : Doesn't the X6 ''allow'' only 4 people to sit inside the cabin making it quite impractical ?

[/B]
    If it's just two in the family plus one kid, then space for four is more than enough. Heck, not any different from any other car with a baby on board if there's an ISOFIX provision to bolt the baby chair to the center console on the rear seat.

If you want a V8 diesel, so far as I know, it's Land Rover that has them locally... but the V6 diesel is much more economical, and is more than powerful enough for any family man.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Exact fit nga yung X6 eh. Depende kung ilan yaya ni TS. Kung 2, patay na. Di pwede X6. & kung magdagdag pa siya ng baby. hehehe.

4 na kasi siya actually sa ngayon, Yaya, Mom, Dad, Kid ... Sana lang wag may umeepal na nakikihitch na relative. Hahaha.

EDIT : Actually the X6 is good. Malaki yet looks like a cross-breed from an SUV & a coupe. LOL. Parang panamera lang. & these are the things you don't see regularly so looks is really a plus. :hysterical: Pero yun nga, ung passenger space.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Wouldn't go for the Land Rover route. A friend of mine hated the fact that their 2004 Range Rover stays more at the mechanic's place than theirs Ride rivals the Mercedes S-class though.

X6? Bah, too ugly for my taste. It's unique, yes, but hell.. I'd get the X5 anytime!

*TS
    You'll be surprised that these "big" cars doesn't drive that big once on the road. In fact, I noticed that pedestrian cars avoid big cars. That compact car would think for a second before trying to merge with a Tahoe.

Before we bought our Ford Expeditions, we were thinking of opting for the Land Cruiser. But it was too expensive that it doesn't justify the price increase. Every few hundreds saved is still a peso that you can invest for the future.

Personally, I'll make "kulit" again and ask you to reconsider the luxury car purchase. We all know the pressure of "keeping up" if your neighbor have luxury vehicles but even I think that a Honda CR-V would fit right well into the budget. It's a very practical advice in the long run. Why not buy a Beemer once you get 4 times more your current net worth? Turn it into a goal.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBabyFrance View Post

So a compact SUV is just right for us... for a small family...
    i dont trust drivers thats why i drive the car myself...
    land cruisers, expe etc too large for me to drive..

Anyone got an idea whens the RR Evoque gonna be released?
    Young and rich, oka na ok yang RR Evoque kaso la pa inventory niyan, baka waiting period eh taon ang bibilangin. Pero ganda niyan IMO! Dream everyday car. Customized na halos eh.

Kaso malamang 2 yaya niya, isa para kay baby, isa para kay papa! Peace!
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; May 4th, 2011 at 02:01 AM.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    2011 update of x6 has 5 seats na. i dont know if this particular update has hit the shores though.

as per your choices. id go with the cayenne. q5 is next. x3 a distant third.

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Young and rich, oka na ok yang RR Evoque kaso la pa inventory niyan, baka waiting period eh taon ang bibilangin. Pero ganda niyan IMO! Dream everyday car. Customized na halos eh.

Kaso malamang 2 yaya niya, isa para kay baby, isa para kay papa! Peace!
    Hahaha bistado ba?.. malamang nga 2... pero ung isa may special treatment...

anu ba ung TS?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
BMW, AUDI, or PORSCHE Help...