New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tc327 View Post
    ito kaya baka pwede rin sa iyo Jeep
    my tita bought one early last year, now she sold it. let's just say it isn't the most reliable car out there.

Quote Originally Posted by shredingman123 View Post
    if you want speed, go for the ///M power X5 hehe, seen it on top gear mag and its freakin badass IMO(BMW FAN)
    there's two kinds of ///M X5, one with the ///M package basically a regular lightly modded X5 and the other one is the X5M which is the one you saw on top gear. that thing will out run and out handle evo's and sti's, and also out handle the c63 amg. a total sleeper most people would think it's just a regular SUV.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Cayene na hehehe

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Audi Q5, why?

The BMW has a firm ride that your kids and the wifey may not appreciate. The Cayenne, might, well, be too high profile.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    my tita bought one early last year, now she sold it. let's just say it isn't the most reliable car out there.

there's two kinds of ///M X5, one with the ///M package basically a regular lightly modded X5 and the other one is the X5M which is the one you saw on top gear. that thing will out run and out handle evo's and sti's, and also out handle the c63 amg. a total sleeper most people would think it's just a regular SUV.
    Yup, this is the ultimate X5.

May ilalabas na rin nga pala na Porsche V6 TDI.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Compared to an X5/X6 or Cayenne, an X3 is crap.

Who cares if the new models will come out, soon? That just means you can get a bigger discount on the current units.

Personally, the Cayenne facelift looks great compared to the previous and somehow the interiors are even better... though the previous car had some of the best interiors in the class. If you can afford one, they're actually very good SUVs.

The X5/X6 drives the best amongst the "luxury" SUVs. But the interiors of BMW are low rent in this company. An X6 3.5 twin turbo or twin turbo diesel is the closest you can get to a sportscar on stilts.

The Q7 is posh. 99% of what you want from a Cayenne with a different price tag. And available diesels.

The LR4 is an interesting choice... available with a TDV6 or a TDV8. They drive awfully well... Don't really like the second row seats, but the awesome level of control you have over the suspension damping, ride height, all-wheel-drive system, traction control, etcetera is... errh... awesome... only matched (almost) by the Cayenne. And the diesels are terrific.

Of course, the least risky option is to simply buy a pedestrian Land Cruiser and have done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBabyFrance View Post
    IMO a car is an investment...
    How is it an investment if you automatically lose 1m in resale value when you buy it?

Have you seen the prices for secondhand X5s, Q7s and Porsches? After five years, you're looking at a loss of at least 3-4m pesos for any of their models over 6m.

The only time a car is an investment is if it's a rare classic model that appreciates in value over time, like a 60's musclecar or luxury car. And even then, value is only retained for no cash output as long as you don't use the car. The rest of the time, it loses value every second it's sitting in the garage.

I'm not in the same cash position as you, but I have relatives who own MBs, Bimmers, Audis and Porsches. Those who can afford to buy multiple units don't mind, but those who only have the jack for "the one" are really hurting from the cost of ownership. Aside from losing up to a million pesos a year in resale value, you have to contend with PMS that costs three to four times as much, and insurance that's over a quarter million pesos for the first pop.

And if you ever get your car flooded (yes, even a Cayenne or a Land Rover will break if it's sitting in four feet of flood water...), expect to spend over a million in electronics and repairs... unless you've paid the extra for the Acts of God...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Maganda rin ang Jeep Cherokee..

Ang tanong, hanggang kailan ba ang dealership ng Jeep dito?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Maganda rin ang Jeep Cherokee..

Ang tanong, hanggang kailan ba ang dealership ng Jeep dito?
    Hahahahaha.

So far up to now, Jeep is still alive. But the big question nga is, UNTIL WHEN ? :hysterical:

Ohwell. Q5 na kasi.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Actually, the Merc ML isn't bad at all. I'd say its in one of my top contenders in its category.

A car is definitely not an investment. But we need it to ferry people around. Until the era of mass video-conferencing is upon us mere mortals, the car is still the standard to ferry us from our home to the central business district. You may reason out that a car = impression to a client = done deal but the latter equation is a logical fallacy of wishful thinking.

For our family, we've gone with bang-per-buck SUVs rather than a full-blown luxury SUV. Ford Expeditions and Toyota LCs should be priced several millions lower than you and have the same prestige (for non-car enthusiasts) on the road. The only time you'll opt for the likes of BMW, Mercs, or Audi is if you're after the luxury brand name itself. If you're dying to have a practical choice: Expeditions, Land Cruisers, Prados should be on your list.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; May 2nd, 2011 at 01:08 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    + for the Audi Q5,

but for an another option (oOT muna ako) I may be pick a Chedeng (kung may super cash talaga), Either Mercedes Benz GLK-Class or M.B. ML350 3.5L V6 - 268 hp (sana tama ako dun sa specs.)

and plus also for + sir jhnkvn
    hindi naman siguro dapat ganoon ka elegant yung SUV na bibilhin, sa hirap ng panahon ngayon. Ok na yung mga prado, explorer, expedi, etc.

good day to everyone.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    My choices in order will be:

1. Porshe - quality is one of the best so i assume maintenance and headaches will be lesser.

2. Q5 - drove one of my friend's Q5 and it's good but space isn't too spacious. Ride is a little stiff maybe because it's sports tuned.

3. BMW - i have bad experiences with BMWs so I wouldn't recommend it.

But you may consider the RX350, i think it's cheaper than Q5 because of JPEPA. Or maybe the GX for 7 seater.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
BMW, AUDI, or PORSCHE Help...