New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    I've been stuck between 3 SUV's... so damn hard to choose
    1. Audi Q5 - complete package with bang & olufsen speakers and moon roof, problem is that im pretty sure that they will update it in mid 2013

2. 2011 BMW X3 - New and good looking car, but most of the features indicated in their site is not applicable in our country ( NO heads up display, NO keyless entry go, NO rear and side cams, NO 8.8 screen). BIMMER BUMMER

3. 2011 Porsche Cayenne - complete package and very nice ride, but 2m more than the 2. it would be more of a leisure than functionality (Afraid that it wont be worth the money).

so here's when i get stuck...
    initially im receiving my quarterly dividend from my parents company - im still young. i decided to invest some of it to an SUV that would fit my family including the yaya - yes... I'm a dad also

Is it worth it if i go for the cayenne but also afraid that its so expensive and just gonna be a waste of good money. or am i better off with the cheaper Q5 or the bummer.

NOTE: PLEASE DONT BASH MY POST... IM ASKING FOR TRUTHFUL AND HONEST ANSWERS ONLY
    AND PLEASE WAG SABIHIN NA NAGYAYABANG LANG " BECAUSE I DONT KNOW YOU AND YOU DONT KNOW ME" I wont get anything from this.

most votes is the SUV i choose...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBabyFrance View Post
    initially im receiving my quarterly dividend from my parents company - im still young. i decided to invest some of it to an SUV that would fit my family including the yaya - yes... I'm a dad also
    Buying vehices are normally not considered as investments.

Check out this Car and Driver review.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The Cayenne is too expensive & too ugly for my taste. Though it's a porsche, it still wouldn't suit my preferences on looks for an SUV.

The X3 is a bit dull on the side too. Seen this, and the Q5 upclose, and definitely the Q5 gets my vote.

Simple yet elegant. The big four circles ahead is a big plus on the image too. It's quite small-ish, but the space inside is superb. Enough for your preferences.

Too bad, I would've picked the BMW if it were the X5.
    & I never really liked the Cayenne from the start. That's why I won't pick it unless it would be given for free.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i wouldn't choose an audi if you're planning to keep it for a while, audi's are known for it's electrical problems. dami ko barkada sa states na naka audi and they all say the same thing. kung di lang sana bare yung x3 that would be my choice, ganda kasi nung bagong x3 inside and out sa states, i haven't seen a new one here kaya not sure what the specs are.

anyway are these your only choices? for your budget there are so many SUV's you can choose from. also if you're considering the cayenne, why not also consider an X5 or rr sport?

a piece of advice for you brother, a car isn't an investment. as soon as you drive it out of the dealer the price drops at least 25%, just imagine after 3-5years how much it will drop. unless it's a classic car, super car or limited production car.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *foresterx : That's why I chose the Audi. The X3 is dull, as in very dull - heck the CX9 looks way better ! & the cayenne is too ... ugly. :um:

The RR Sport Supercharged is around 10M brand new. The X5 is around 6-7M if i'm not mistaken. And the X5M being more than that.

If he's able to afford the X5 then I think it will just be a battle between the BMW & the Q7, but then again, we're not sure if he really can. :hysterical:

So I`ll stick to my choice, which is the Q5, for now.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    You might also want to consider the XC60....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    You might also want to consider the XC60....

:hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Unless you're in a good neighborhood, buying luxury vehicles are immediately a "waste" here in the Philippines. 100% Taxation, learn to hate it

If you live in a relatively flood-free area, I think you might want to look up on sedans rather than SUVs.

Among the three, Audi Q5 also gets my vote. Among all SUVs, I think you're still better off purchasing a Land Cruiser or a Lexus RX. More bang per buck IMO.

A million saved is still a million. Which you can use to compound for future returns or immediately gratify yourself with a 100" TV and you can depreciate that for 20 years :naughty2: rather than the usual car lifespan of 5-10 years (assuming you're not that guy that sells immediately)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Langya, naintriga ako dun sa 100" TV. Akala ko joke lang yun, meron pala talaga. :hysterical:

EDIT :

Even Sharp has a 108" TV. WTF. :twak:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    regarding sa 100inch tv, meron naka display sa ANSONS in Makati.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
BMW, AUDI, or PORSCHE Help...