New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    magandang tanghali mga idol.

i'm planning to purchase a bnew starex crdi m/t model. is there a better choice or option than the starex na dapat ko bilhin or tignan?? i plan to use it as an all-around vehicle: family, business trips to the province (manila-ilocos/cagayan), cargo carrier, etc.

paki-tulungan nyo naman ako. your expert opinions will help me in my decision.

thank you much, idols !!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Pwede na yang starex but if you only have 2 children, just get a DMAX 4X2...better cargo hauling/fuel mileage/built/reliability than a starex.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    True... if you won't be carrying too many passengers having a Dmax or the Hilux 4x4 may be a better option (then invest in a good set of aftermarket shocks for better ride comfort).

The Starex is a pretty good people carrier though (lotsa space); medyo malaki siya if you'll be driving alone most of the time though. Fuel consumption is in the 7km/L range in the city i heard.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ...or wait for the next Kia Sedona with 2.5L DOHC CRDi VGT 170hp, out by the end of the year DAW along with the Kia Carrens.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you are planning to take it to iloilo... stay away from the hi-lux! kapagod yan for sure. hehe.

if you want comfort, the Sedona is a good alternative. you could also wait for the facelifted Everest.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    more or less it should look close to this (the Sedona)

this is its twin, the Hyundai Entourage

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    ...or wait for the next Kia Sedona with 2.5L DOHC CRDi VGT 170hp, out by the end of the year DAW along with the Kia Carrens.
    Jabr had a news earlier mentioned in the Carnival/Sedona Thread that Carnival 2006 will be launched by the end of this month. Jabr said it is official as what appeared in the Inquirer news. Try a little patience if Carnival may just suddenly pop up in your mind as one of your options.

yan ang hinahantay ko..07 sedona...

ok naman ung starex,e...not that bad kahit nagiisa ko, pero, di lang magandang tignan kasi 1 ka lang, laki ng ride mo... ok naman ung manual crdi starex...

kung mas all-round, indent ka ng 4wd starex sa mga local dealer, ok naman sa kanila yun,e..nasa price list nila din yung 4wd option.

just get the short-9 seater kung all-rounder gusto mo, ung jumbo is too big to be an all-rounder,e...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i think the next Sedona/Carnival will be slotting in the middle of SWB and LWB Starex in terms of size, but it will definitely be close in the size of the LWB one.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ayaw mo ng Innova?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Better option than the Starex CRDi ??